Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    loser6.jpg

1ee9cw.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That's a horrible point. If you're asking why Black people today are no longer Republicans like their forefathers, then it's fair to ask why aren' whites today Democrats like their own forefathers?

I would never say you made a horrible point....And I never will....

And you asked a fair question (as you are wont to do) and I feel obligated to answer it truthfully..I may be wrong but this is how I see it and what I believe....

The reason I am not a Democrat is because I still see them as the party of slavery and Jim Crow laws....My Great Grandfather was born in 1877 in rural Kentucky and he was a Republican as was his father before him....In rural Kentucky at that time to support a Republican was putting your life on the line...That's just a fact...I have never bought into the line that suddenly in the 1960's all Democrats became a friend to minorities and all Republicans turned into racists...No matter how many times Chris Matthews says it I will not buy it...

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?f=0&fips=21&year=1860

(Not a very good showing for Honest Abe in his home state...I wonder why????)

Presidential
    Candidate
    Vice Presidential
    Candidate
    Political
    Party
    Popular VoteElectoral Vote
    FFFF00.gif
    John BellEdward EverettConstitution Union66,05845.18%12
    00DD00.gif
    John BreckenridgeJoseph LaneSouthern Democrat53,14336.35%0
    DD0000.gif
    Stephen DouglasHerschel JohnsonDemocratic25,65117.54%0
    FFFF00.gif
    Abraham LincolnHannibal HamlinRepublican1,3640.93%0
    Map Key
    > 40%
    BLNK.gif
    BLNK.gif
    OG40.gif
    > 50%
    BLNK.gif
    BLNK.gif
    BLNK.gif
    > 60%
    BLNK.gif
    BLNK.gif
    BLNK.gif
    > 70%
    BLNK.gif
    BLNK.gif
    BLNK.gif
    Turnout
    pevto0.png
    img.php

Every day, here and in my business, I extend my hand out to those with whom I disagree with or do not share the same race, political party or religion with...One of my best friends on INGO is Muslim and he's like a brother from another to me...I would hand him the keys to my home and business and KNOW everything would be as I left it and would be protected with life and limb if need be....The day after the election a black customer came by because we had talked politics a bit and he knew I was supporting Trump and I knew he was supporting Hillary and neither of us gave a **** about that...My little cousin is a Hillary supporter (Bernie first) and we are tight as a drum...I told my customer she was a little freaked out...He smiled and said "It's selfie time brother..." So we put our arms around each other's shoulders, raised the phone up like we were Khardashian's and snapped a pic....I told him I was sending it to her and what should I put as the message...

"Two Parties"
    "Two Races"
    "One Nation"

Point being.....There is room in the Republican Party for everyone and I will continue to reach out no matter how many times I may get bit...

"Don't hate the black...
    Don't hate the white...
    If you get bitten....
    Just hate the bite..."

Sly Stone

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    No. I'm asking the correct question. I'm asking an individualist question. Basically, I'm agreeing with Stephan A Smith. I'm sure you've seen the CNN interview where Michael Smirconish grilled Smith on is assertion that Black people should vote Republican at least once. Smirconish couldn't seem to grasp why, because he thinks collectively. Smith's explanation was actually very individualistic. Each Black person should evaluate for themselves who they should vote for and not let everyone else tell them who, as a collective group, they should vote for.

White people don't ban together and say, because we're White, we should all vote Republican because Republicans are better for Whites than Democrats. No. White people, as individuals, mostly determine who best represents their own individual interests, according to their own individual needs and views. Why can't Blacks? Well, I'll answer that by answering this question:

Black people vote for Democrats mostly because they're told that's who they need to vote for. Their told by Democrats and their peers. White people vote for both Republicans and Democrats, and for the most part, race has nothing to do with that decision, at all. Please don't get out of this that I'm saying that makes Whites superior. What I'm saying is that race shouldn't matter.

Individuals' own needs should matter more. Each individual Black person/family should not give a flying **** who other Blacks are voting for. I don't let White people tell me who best represents the White man because I don't give a flying ****. I care about my own and my family's needs and values and I vote for whichever candidate might cause the least harm to that.

I can see people on welfare who don't want to get a job voting for Dems, whether they're black or white. But working class, middle class, upper class individuals have no reason to vote Democrat other than ideology. There is nothing inherently "Black" about Democrats other than the soft racism of low expectations.

Hip-shot sociology here. USWAG: Like the Irish before them, blacks in this country found a need to band together to stand against racism and bigotry that was endemic to a fair bit of American society into the 1960s. Having successfully gotten the federal government to recognize their legitimate complaints and act to begin to rectify them, they saw this solidarity as a means to political power as well. MLK was a Republican, but Lyndon Johnson, with his Great Society welfare programs, simultaneously created a honey-trap for black family while using those governmental rules to destroy the black nuclear family over the space of a generation. Once the hooks were set and the traditional family destroyed, it was a simple matter to substitute the daddy government for the traditional father figure in the black family. Since a large number of blacks were - to a large extent - dependent upon government largesse for their existence and even their comforts, it was pretty easy to gain their loyalty by promising to better their lives - which the Democrats, while continually promising to make things better and simultaneously making Boogey-men out of the Republicans, managed to do without ever having to deliver on their promises to make things better.

Having found success entrapping the blacks as a group, the Democrats then proceeded to do the same with the hordes of illegal aliens coming into the country; providing government benefits and vows of loyalty in return for their votes. And since that seemed to be working, they've turned their eyes to the hordes of Muslim refugees fleeing war and poverty, and promising them governmental benefits in return for votes.

Democrats NEED an uneducated underclass who will accept (political) serfdom in return for the government providing for them, and if any large bloc of their loyalist voters ever gets tired of unkept promises of real progress, their whole house of cards will collapse on them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hip-shot sociology here. USWAG: Like the Irish before them, blacks in this country found a need to band together to stand against racism and bigotry that was endemic to a fair bit of American society into the 1960s. Having successfully gotten the federal government to recognize their legitimate complaints and act to begin to rectify them, they saw this solidarity as a means to political power as well. MLK was a Republican, but Lyndon Johnson, with his Great Society welfare programs, simultaneously created a honey-trap for black family while using those governmental rules to destroy the black nuclear family over the space of a generation. Once the hooks were set and the traditional family destroyed, it was a simple matter to substitute the daddy government for the traditional father figure in the black family. Since a large number of blacks were - to a large extent - dependent upon government largesse for their existence and even their comforts, it was pretty easy to gain their loyalty by promising to better their lives - which the Democrats, while continually promising to make things better and simultaneously making Boogey-men out of the Republicans, managed to do without ever having to deliver on their promises to make things better.

Having found success entrapping the blacks as a group, the Democrats then proceeded to do the same with the hordes of illegal aliens coming into the country; providing government benefits and vows of loyalty in return for their votes. And since that seemed to be working, they've turned their eyes to the hordes of Muslim refugees fleeing war and poverty, and promising them governmental benefits in return for votes.

Democrats NEED an uneducated underclass who will accept (political) serfdom in return for the government providing for them, and if any large bloc of their loyalist voters ever gets tired of unkept promises of real progress, their whole house of cards will collapse on them.

Not a whole lot, based on the overall substance of your post, I can argue with. Hence why I said the better question isn't why Black people don't vote for Republicans, but why they continue to vote for Democrats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom