Lafayette, Indiana
    13516683_10153848069467572_2012016684391646183_n.jpg

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    People that hate Trump enough to not vote for him aren't going to be the reason he loses. They are an insignificantly small number.

The reason Clinton will win is the choice of Trump as candidate.

It isn't that Trump is working hard to earn people's votes by putting in some of his own money, or that he calls big donors for money, or hires staff for the ground work in each state, or uses data to target likely voters, or anything like that...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Back when I worked for a county (gov't) EMS, I was told on INGO that my taxes didn't count, because they were paid out of someone else's tax money... that no one who works for the gov't should have a say in how the gov't worked.

:scratch:

Yeah, I'm still scratching my head over that one.

I see the logic behind it, but it still feels less like :oldwise: and more like
    SmileyHammer.gif

Blessings,
    Bill

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Sorry not a picture. Mild language warning. May be triggering. Not sure about causing anyone to mutilate their own genitalia.

[video=youtube_share;ByvOD1h-rvo]http://youtu.be/ByvOD1h-rvo[/video]

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I kind of agree with that person. IMHO, people being paid by taxes should not pay taxes. Their salaries should be adjusted to reflect that, though. But it makes no sense for people to pay the government taxes to employ people, who the government then taxes. That is a waste and is not efficient. Cut out the tax payment from people that are employed by the government and streamline the process. As with everything government related these days, the current methodology is inefficient, convoluted, and bloated.
    Back when I worked for a county (gov't) EMS, I was told on INGO that my taxes didn't count, because they were paid out of someone else's tax money... that no one who works for the gov't should have a say in how the gov't worked. :scratch: Yeah, I'm still scratching my head over that one. I see the logic behind it, but it still feels less like :oldwise: and more like
    SmileyHammer.gif
    Blessings, Bill

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I kind of agree with that person. IMHO, people being paid by taxes should not pay taxes. Their salaries should be adjusted to reflect that, though. But it makes no sense for people to pay the government taxes to employ people, who the government then taxes. That is a waste and is not efficient. Cut out the tax payment from people that are employed by the government and streamline the process. As with everything government related these days, the current methodology is inefficient, convoluted, and bloated.
    Think it through. A local EMS worker shouldn't pay ANY taxes? Federal? State? Local? Property? Sales? Either way, does an EMS worker consume services other than what he or she provides through taxpayer funding? They should pay taxes like everyone else and they are just as constitutionally protected as any other citizen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom