Indianapolis
    p8un9u6r81541.jpg

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Good idea. Sit down, Greta, the adults are talking. Or get up against the wall, nose in the corner. You’re 16, so you’re there for 16 minutes, and if your nose comes out of the corner, time starts over.

Yes, I get what someone is insinuating she is saying; I’m choosing to turn it around.

Why are you defending her? She knew exactly what she was saying. There is nothing at all ambivelant about standing people against a wall. That girl is Swedish and her still living (and also famous) grandfather lived through WW2. I promise you she knows perfectly well what comes next when people are stood against a wall.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Point one: When I saw this, I had not heard that she’d actually said that.

Point two: I’m not sure how you made the leap to thinking I was in any way defending the little urchin. Which brings me to

Point three: I just want the news cycle to shift and her to STFU.

I’ve heard enough parroted lines and false outrage, and when it comes to Greta, I’d happily strap an anti-barking dog collar to her neck. Turn it down so it doesn’t injure her, just incentivizes silence from her.

Fair enough?

Blessings,
    Bill

Why are you defending her? She knew exactly what she was saying. There is nothing at all ambivelant about standing people against a wall. That girl is Swedish and her still living (and also famous) grandfather lived through WW2. I promise you she knows perfectly well what comes next when people are stood against a wall.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm going to give her benefit of the doubt on this. (Now if she said, "send them to the gas chambers", that's far different)

English isn't her first language and that idiom may not mean the same thing in Swedish. A lot of English speakers have no idea what a Swedish tiger (En svensk tiger) is, but it was common in WWII. You can't write her off as a stupid child who should be dismissed, while simultaneously thinking she's a wise the to all the lingo of a war that precedes her by almost three score years.

And since this is the pol. pic. thread:

article-5210-3.jpg

New Greta On The Shelf Doll Will Track Your Climate Sins

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Point one: When I saw this, I had not heard that she’d actually said that.

Point two: I’m not sure how you made the leap to thinking I was in any way defending the little urchin. Which brings me to

Point three: I just want the news cycle to shift and her to STFU.

I’ve heard enough parroted lines and false outrage, and when it comes to Greta, I’d happily strap an anti-barking dog collar to her neck. Turn it down so it doesn’t injure her, just incentivizes silence from her.

Fair enough?

Blessings,
    Bill

Rep inbound. I am not as nice as you.

I’d happily strap an anti-barking dog collar to her neck. Turn it up a little bit every times she utters nonsense until she learns.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    She seems to use English well enough and I can’t think of any other reason to “put someone on a wall.” It’s fair to say she isn’t hanging family pictures. Still, I don’t wish harm to befall people-that’s not who I am. Note that this is not to say that I’ll cry about it happening, I just won’t wish for it.

I am also a believer that Stupid Should Hurt. No permanent damage, just enough pain to make someone think, “Maybe I shouldn’t do that again.”

and I’ve had stupid hurt me when I didn’t think before acting, so it’s equal opportunity pain.

Tom, Thank you for the rep. :-)

Blessings,
    Bill

I'm going to give her benefit of the doubt on this. (Now if she said, "send them to the gas chambers", that's far different)

English isn't her first language and that idiom may not mean the same thing in Swedish. A lot of English speakers have no idea what a Swedish tiger (En svensk tiger) is, but it was common in WWII. You can't write her off as a stupid child who should be dismissed, while simultaneously thinking she's a wise the to all the lingo of a war that precedes her by almost three score years.

And since this is the pol. pic. thread:

article-5210-3.jpg

New Greta On The Shelf Doll Will Track Your Climate Sins

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom