Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I love the INGO "babe in the woods" routine.

There was never a shortage of deeply racist and offensive images put out about Obama by people on the right. It's not like they were hidden deep in the dark web next to posts selling heroin or 12 year old sex slaves.

They were very common, very public, and infinitely worse than a pic of Trump next to a Cheeto.:rolleyes:

Your need to confirm your bias doesn't change the reality that I had never seen those images until you presented them here.

Your need to confirm your bias doesn't change the fact that I don't go places online where I am likely to view such images.

"I'm sorry, I can't help you."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I love the INGO "babe in the woods" routine.

There was never a shortage of deeply racist and offensive images put out about Obama by people on the right. It's not like they were hidden deep in the dark web next to posts selling heroin or 12 year old sex slaves.

They were very common, very public, and infinitely worse than a pic of Trump next to a Cheeto.:rolleyes:

Dude, this is a tortured copy of the Gilette style screed, guilt by association where that association is so broadly defined as to be meaningless. That there were (according to you) no shortage of racist or offensive images about Obama (that you were aware of) doesn't mean that the rest of us frequent the same internet cesspools that you seem to. The map is not the territory

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Nope. Never Happened on INGO:coffee:...

Obama Jokes

I guess you guys just weren't around for it.:dunno:

The over the top offensive stuff was wisely removed by the mods.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Your need to confirm your bias doesn't change the reality that I had never seen those images until you presented them here.

Your need to confirm your bias doesn't change the fact that I don't go places online where I am likely to view such images.

"I'm sorry, I can't help you."

Dude, this is a tortured copy of the Gilette style screed, guilt by association where that association is so broadly defined as to be meaningless. That there were (according to you) no shortage of racist or offensive images about Obama (that you were aware of) doesn't mean that the rest of us frequent the same internet cesspools that you seem to. The map is not the territory

Not a facebook person here, but wasn't that a pretty big outlet for some of the lazier political memes? The racial/birther aspect of Obama's presidency is some particular low-hanging fruit that some people latched onto. I'd usually see it being shown in more of a "look how dumb these people are" sort of light on Reddit, elsewhere.

It's not something we saw a lot of here on INGO, given how racial stuff wasn't really kosher.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I won't open that, I do not think that I ever did.

Since I am senile that is not an absolute certainty.

Have you spent much time there, you seem to have knowledge of it.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Jeez, I wasn't trying to create drama with the Cheeto picture. I just thought it was funny because he's an unnatural shade of orange. It certainly wasn't my intention for it to be racial. Oompa Loompas, to my chagrin, are not real so he wasn't born to some strangely orange tribe. If anyone is offended, I apologize for triggering you. When I see something I don't find funny, I just move on. I guess some people are more sensitive.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The Cheeto pic. I found it mildly amusing.

Why the huge backlash, I do not know.

That's one of the least offensive (if you believe in that sort of thing) "funny pics" about Trump that's out there.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not a facebook person here, but wasn't that a pretty big outlet for some of the lazier political memes? The racial/birther aspect of Obama's presidency is some particular low-hanging fruit that some people latched onto. I'd usually see it being shown in more of a "look how dumb these people are" sort of light on Reddit, elsewhere.

It's not something we saw a lot of here on INGO, given how racial stuff wasn't really kosher.

High degree of correlation between 'internet cesspool' and 'facebook'

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The Cheeto pic. I found it mildly amusing.

Why the huge backlash, I do not know.

That's one of the least offensive (if you believe in that sort of thing) "funny pics" about Trump that's out there.

I can easily tolerate 'Orange Hitler', I'm less sanguine when Christ's name is dragged into it. I get that they wish to make the point that (to them) we seem to worship him, but I don't have to like it

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Jeez, I wasn't trying to create drama with the Cheeto picture. I just thought it was funny because he's an unnatural shade of orange. It certainly wasn't my intention for it to be racial. Oompa Loompas, to my chagrin, are not real so he wasn't born to some strangely orange tribe. If anyone is offended, I apologize for triggering you. When I see something I don't find funny, I just move on. I guess some people are more sensitive.

Some don't like it when you bring confrontation into the conservative safe space.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Have you checked to see if it's a rare genetic mutation, maybe John Boehner had it too? Inability to metabolize beta-carotene? We shouldn't make fun of the handicapped

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Some don't like it when you bring confrontation into the conservative safe space.

That's what weird about it. I've been a conservative since voting for Reagan in '84. Trump is a New York liberal. Some have redefined "conservative" to mean "whoever the Republicans elect".

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Punchline, "Well, doc, I usually just sit on the couch with a bag of Cheetos and watch a [movie intended for adult audiences]."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom