Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It has been suggested that this is "not a good example," presumably, not a valid question.
    I invite explanations why it is not a valid question.
    If possible, please do so without personal attacks or sarcasm.

It's a valid question but it's not a good example. It's not a good example because as a point against the left, people on the left would tend to think "sex workers" should be left the **** alone. So their position would be consistent on abortion and prostitution. Okay to kill a baby. Okay to sell *****.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's a valid question but it's not a good example. It's not a good example because as a point against the left, people on the left would tend to think "sex workers" should be left the **** alone. So their position would be consistent on abortion and prostitution. Okay to kill a baby. Okay to sell *****.

This.

Jamil explained it better than I did earlier.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Again. Regulation. It's a health hazard.

I don't think the question asked is really trying to figure out why it's illegal. It's illegal because most people (some leftists + moderates + right wing) think prostitution should be illegal. Because the question implies that there is some hypocrisy, the question is really asking why the right to chose doesn't include the right to sell their bodies for sex, along with the right to kill their babies. And the answer to that is there really isn't any hypocrisy, because they'd say both are true. Women have a right to sell their bodies for sex. I'm sure you've seen the whole movement against sex worker shaming.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I can see it all now - they legalize prostitution then there will be a big movement for equal rights and equal pay for the "appearance challenged". and probably also for those who can't figure out what gender they are.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't think the question asked is really trying to figure out why it's illegal. It's illegal because most people (some leftists + moderates + right wing) think prostitution should be illegal. Because the question implies that there is some hypocrisy, the question is really asking why the right to chose doesn't include the right to sell their bodies for sex, along with the right to kill their babies. And the answer to that is there really isn't any hypocrisy, because they'd say both are true. Women have a right to sell their bodies for sex. I'm sure you've seen the whole movement against sex worker shaming.

Yeah, I guess that's really the point. Those who support abortion should also support legalized prostitution to be logically consistent. Those who support abortion, but not legalized prostitution would be hypocrites.
    Thanks to all who replied.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I can see it all now - they legalize prostitution then there will be a big movement for equal rights and equal pay for the "appearance challenged". and probably also for those who can't figure out what gender they are.

I suspect there are enough variations in taste that the "appearance challenged" would still find customers. Use of paper bags over the head might be a niche clientele. The so-called "gender fluid" would likely at least double their customer base.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DzShI4rVYAE_Xh5.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That's a great idea for a bill. Dems should pass that right away. The left should embrace it. The media should faun all over it. Meanwhile, all sane people are thinking...okay, how bad could Trump be, really?
    Bad column:
    • Orange.
    • Brags about using his position to take advantage of women
    • Authoritarian
    • etcetera...

Good Column
    • Economy going pretty good.
    • Isn't a bat **** crazy democrat

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    She is so f*****g stupid - I bet she gets re-elected repeatedly.

Well. It was pretty easy for her to get elected. No one votes in that district in primaries. She may do enough image damage to the Democrats that she'll get primaried if Trump wins in 2020. That is if they finally figure out how to do a little introspection.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom