• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I agree, I'm not saying the 1A shouldn't cover protecting such material, just asking why? What was the motivation behind the group doing this other than to be rude? There are better ways to exercise ones right without hate.
    They were well within their right to do this, but it certainly doesn't make them look like decent human beings. (And the 1A would allow me to call them whatever I want) Unless you get into protected groups of people... That's a whole 'nother debate.

The freedom to voice an opinion being protected is a good thing, while I may not agree with their way going about it, I could call them whatever I want and make ignorant comments on how Texans are intolerant (which I don't think true, but 1A would protect that). Just makes me look like a jerk though, not much is accomplished.

All you really have to do to answer your question is to look at who the person was who organised the event. Pamella Geller is a well known, odious little trolling bigot. She finally managed to get what she has been wanting. A fringe element attack. Now she'll use it to attack all muslims. That's her usual MO.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    All you really have to do to answer your question is to look at who the person was who organised the event. Pamella Geller is a well known, odious little trolling bigot. She finally managed to get what she has been wanting. A fringe element attack. Now she'll use it to attack all muslims. That's her usual MO.

Maybe she's right. She just flushed you out.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

A bit late for the #NotAllMuslims hashtag.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You don't "need" to. But the 2nd amendment protects the right to choose. I'm not trying to say the 1st amendment is wrong in protecting it, as you seem to think I am. I'm merely trying to ask what they were trying to accomplish?
    Carrying a pistol accomplishes self protection and allows me to feel safe.

Why does there have to be a point to be accomplished?
    You can carry a gun for defense.
    You can carry a gun to make a statement.
    You can carry a gun because you "think" it makes you look cool.
    All are allowed.
    I may not choose to go to a Muhammad cartoon drawing contest, but it is their right.
    Same as people putting up offensive "art" against Christianity.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Why does there have to be a point to be accomplished?
    You can carry a gun for defense.
    You can carry a gun to make a statement.
    You can carry a gun because you "think" it makes you look cool.
    All are allowed.
    I may not choose to go to a Muhammad cartoon drawing contest, but it is their right.
    Same as people putting up offensive "art" against Christianity.
    yup; I've agreed with you the whole time, I was really just asking what their reason was.
    anyways I'm done with this topic, I've said what I think, even though it seems it was not clear enough (really, I burned out all my opinions on this topic haha), but I am prone to wordy essays so I can understand if the point was lost in a slew of words (side effect of writing waaaaay to many college papers, ugh)
    Glad to have a discussion that was actually relevant to the topic in question and not go into the religion debate :D

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

So you're saying this was all HER fault?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I didn't see that as blaming at all. All I'll say is this. You don't see very many guys dressed as Hitler walk through Jerusalem.

Think the Isrealis would attack and kill such a person? History would indicate the Muslim portion of the Jerusalem population would probably come to the guy's aid if he was attacked.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh my. This thread has taken a strange turn.

So, can we shortcut this detour and say that the attack was clearly a foreseeable result of the "contest" - hence the increased security. But, no one "deserved" the attack?

That captures both the personal responsibility aspect and places the blame where it clearly should be: on the dead dudes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh my. This thread has taken a strange turn.

So, can we shortcut this detour and say that the attack was clearly a foreseeable result of the "contest" - hence the increased security. But, no one "deserved" the attack?

That captures both the personal responsibility aspect and places the blame where it clearly should be: on the dead dudes.

Pretty much. I would tweak a little in that it's foreseeable that people might take offense but it's a sad state of affairs that we have fear for our lives should we insult someone.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Pretty much. I would tweak a little in that it's foreseeable that people might take offense but it's a sad state of affairs that we have fear for our lives should we insult someone.

Ever thus it has been; ever thus it shall be.

Keep in mind, OC is offensive enough to some people to incite them to violence. Sometimes, it doesn't take much.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it's a tad bit more complicated that that.

I'm sure somebody can concoct the words and phrasing to make it seem so but it's really not that difficult to boil down to: You dis me, I get to kill you. To people that believe that, their honor or whatever is more valuable than your life.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm sure somebody can concoct the words and phrasing to make it seem so but it's really not that difficult to boil down to: You dis me, I get to kill you.

How many people did jihadists kill for drawing pictures of the profit before 9/11? Or do you believe nobody was doing it?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Her fault? No. Not unless she put the guns in the hands of the shooters, but she certainly did set things up to attract that element. She's been looking to get an event like this to happen for years, to bolster her insanity.

She should just put on the armband, play some Prussian Blue at her events, and be done with it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom