• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yes, all followers. Some are simply more militant about showing their offense. Ya know, kinda like when some Fundamentalist Christian blows up an abortion clinic. I would presume all Fundamentalist Christians to be opposed to abortion, but only a few take it to the extreme.

Please cite the last 5 Fundamentalist Christian abortion clinic bombings for the record, please.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    All, majority, most, more than 50%. The point is a great many of them believe that such depictions are idolatry. True for both the loons and the sane of that particular group. If one of them depicted one of your holy men in an unflattering way, in an attempt show how much they respected your beliefs, I doubt you'd be all that pleased about it.

Being displeased is one thing. Going around shooting people is a whole different issue. They are terrorists. And tbh, that was a great way to flush them out.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Please cite the last 5 Fundamentalist Christian abortion clinic bombings for the record, please.

There's that....and then the fact that people feel free to walk around with pro-choice T-shirts and bumper stickers and aren't the least fearful for their lives.

Hmmm.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Hint: Google is free and available to all.

• January 29, 1998: Robert Sanderson, an off-duty police officer who worked as a security guard at an abortion clinic in Birmingham, Alabama, was killed when his workplace was bombed. Eric Robert Rudolph, who was also responsible for the 1996 Centennial Olympic Park bombing, was charged with the crime and received two life sentences as a result.
    • October 23, 1998: Dr. Barnett Slepian was shot to death with a high-powered rifle at his home in Amherst, New York.[SUP][12][/SUP] His was the last in a series of similar shootings against providers in Canada and northern New York state which were all likely committed by James Kopp. Kopp was convicted of Slepian's murder after being apprehended in France in 2001.

• May 31, 2009: Dr. George Tiller was shot and killed by Scott Roeder as Tiller served as an usher at a church in Wichita, Kansas.[SUP][13][/SUP]The motive for anti-abortionist Scott Roeder murdering Wichita doctor George Tiller on 31 May 2009 was the belief that abortion is not only immoral, but also a form of murder under "God's law", irrespective of "man's law" in any country, and that this belief went "hand in hand" with his religious beliefs.[SUP][76][/SUP][SUP][77][/SUP] The group supporting Roeder proclaimed that any force is "legitimate to protect the life of an unborn child", and called on all Christians to "rise up" and "take action" against threats to Christianity and to unborn life.[SUP][78][/SUP]Eric Robert Rudolph carried out the Centennial Olympic Park bombing in 1996, as well as subsequent attacks on an abortion clinic and a lesbian nightclub. Michael Barkun, a professor at Syracuse University, considers Rudolph to likely fit the definition of a Christian terrorist. James A. Aho, a professor at Idaho State University, argues that religious considerations inspired Rudolph only in part.[SUP][79][/SUP]
    • [SUP]​[/SUP]In 1996 three men—Charles Barbee, Robert Berry and Jay Merelle—were charged with two bank robberies and bombings at the banks, a Spokane newspaper, and a Planned Parenthood office in Washington state. The men were anti-Semetic Christian Identity theorists who believed that God wanted them to carry out violent attacks and that such attacks will hasten the ascendancy of Aryan race.[SUP][81][/SUP]In 2011, analyst Daryl Johnson of the United States Department of Homeland Security said that the Hutaree Christian militia movement possessed more weapons than the combined weapons holdings of all Islamic terror defendants charged in the US since the September 11 attacks.[SUP][82][/SUP]

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Wow.

Kinda like tearing up a picture of the pope on Saturday Night Live?

Catholics - and even Christians in general - have been putting up with this kind of thing for a long time. People don't seem NEARLY as defensive about that kind of thing though.

Exactly.. Not wanting to get too drawn in this but give me a flipping break. Just some people using this as an excuse to beat there drums...Stop the drama. People have been spoofing the pope ..Jesus for year's. Those folks need to lighten up.
    "That's all I got to say about thaaat"

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I think the pro-abortion crowd still feels pretty safe.

A lot safer than an unborn child should feel in many a city, I would think,
    my lord, I thought I went off on a tangent, is this now going to be an abortion debate? :ugh:
    I need to remember to never open a political or religious based thread again... I prefer arguing about whether or not you're going to get shot by OCing :laugh:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Hint: Google is free and available to all.

Christian Identity does not equal fundamentalist Christian, which are by definition not racist. Those are skinheads, which eliminates the Barbee Gang and Rudolph. Roeder was schizophrenic. I'll give you Kopp, save for the fact that it wasn't a bombing.

You cite four events, only two of which were actual bombings, over a nearly 20 year period.

The fact that you had to dig so deeply pretty much proves the point.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Christian Identity does not equal fundamentalist Christian...

Which is very much like saying "Islamofascist terorrists do not equal regular Muslims."

They both claim religious/semi-religious dogma to justify violence.

So, now that INGO agrees that it is inappropriate to lump extremists in with regular people, we can get back to art critique.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    my lord, I thought I went off on a tangent, is this now going to be an abortion debate? :ugh:
    I need to remember to never open a political or religious based thread again... I prefer arguing about whether or not you're going to get shot by OCing :laugh:

Well, I didn't bring up abortion.

It's makes an appearance in these threads because of some misguided, politically-correct, half-hearted attempt to claim an equivalency between "fundamentalists" of all religions.

The truth of the matter is, There are nuts of all stripes out there, but satire of only a very select few "belief systems" will reliably result in threats of death....or death itself.

To try to remain within the rules.

A person who closely follows the words and example of _________ will be a peaceful and loving person.

A person who closely follows the words and example of _________ will be danger to many people. (I am thankful that only a comparative few closely follow _____'s words and deeds.)

Use your imagination.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Which is very much like saying "Islamofascist terorrists do not equal regular Muslims."

They both claim religious/semi-religious dogma to justify violence.

So, now that INGO agrees that it is inappropriate to lump extremists in with regular people, we can get back to art critique.
    Isn't that last part supposed to be in purple? Because it's not gonna happen :lmfao:
    I think that the artwork can be considered offensive, but what isn't these days? If we can be offensive to one, we should to all. If we can't offend one, then offend none. Way too much in the middle in today's society for my taste.
    @houghmade - coulda fooled me, ending your post with a sentence specifically baited to your "opponents" made it seem to me like you were wanting to argue about abortion :dunno:

I don't see why the support of the 1st amendment had to include obviously offensive material though. I can walk around all day being a giant jackass and that's within my right, but why would I want to be a jerkoff on purpose? I've no reason.... Why taint our protected right by using it to say "neener neener" to a group of people, for any reason other than hate. Now, while I don't agree with it, I don't think the terrorists are doing any justice to relieving this hate by reacting like this.. But they're terrorists, it's what they do, doesn't matter the religion they're affiliated with.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Small update (at least, I didn't see this tidbit earlier).
    Dallas cartoon attack: Suspected gunmen's 'home raided' - BBC News

And a pic with the caption, "Police blew up a car near the scene of the attack as a precaution"
    _82756523_82756521.jpg

Uh... if they really "blew it up," I think there'd be a bigger scorch mark?

I'm sure it was just a cartoon car they blew up. That's why there's not much of a scorch mark. :):

There's a major difference here between the religious behaviors.
    Would most christians be offended if an organization was shooting at pictures of Jesus? Or at the bible? Or burning a stack of bibles?
    - Yes.

Enough to go kill them for doing it?
    - No. That's against their religion.

Would most Islamics be offended if an organization was shooting at pictures of Mohammed? Or at the koran? Or burning a stack of korans?
    - Yes.

- Pretty much every time.

You got to wonder why the huge difference. :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Would most Islamics be offended if an organization was shooting at pictures of Mohammed? Or at the koran? Or burning a stack of korans?
    - Yes.

- Pretty much every time.
    See, this is where you lose me.

It isn't every time. Otherwise, there'd be a BUNCH more killing. And Salman Rushdie would be dead a LONG time ago. And all Sunnis. Or Shi'a. Depending on which one lasted longer.

The facts do not support your assertion.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To try to remain within the rules.

A person who closely follows the words and example of _________ will be a peaceful and loving person.

A person who closely follows the words and example of _________ will be danger to many people. (I am thankful that only a comparative few closely follow _____'s words and deeds.)

Use your imagination.

I think the names can be interchangeably used in both sentences.

Top Bottom