• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    See, this is where you lose me.

It isn't every time. Otherwise, there'd be a BUNCH more killing. And Salman Rushdie would be dead a LONG time ago. And all Sunnis. Or Shi'a. Depending on which one lasted longer.

The facts do not support your assertion.

Rushdie has had many death treats and at least one (that I can remember) attempted assassination. I think the guy blew up himself and a few others when he prematurely detonated while trying to get him.

And aren't Sunnis, Mohammed followers? Too hard to keep track. :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Rushdie has had many death treats and at least one (that I can remember) attempted assassination. I think the guy blew up himself and a few others when he prematurely detonated while trying to get him.
    Yes, yet he still lives. :)

And aren't Sunnis, Mohammed followers? Too hard to keep track. :dunno:
    Yes, but both of them at various times and in certain places considered the other to be heretical. That's why there's so many of them that have killed the other.

I thought you were asserting that every heretical act (according to Islam) has met with violence. My response is that it just not possible. Heck, here on INGO alone there've been a HUGE number of Islamic-heretical posts. :) Yet, no violence (that we know of) has erupted.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    If you wanna draw out fanatics and zealots, defame something they believe in. Left, right, religions. You name it. Then label them all as crazy. Simple. Easy to understand. Mush and rot. Triple face palm.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    If you wanna draw out fanatics and zealots, defame something they believe in. Left, right, religions. You name it. Then label them all as crazy. Simple. Easy to understand. Mush and rot. Triple face palm.

Difference is, I laugh at people who do things like **** Christ, Elephant Sh*t Madonna, and Hunky Jesus contests. My God is bigger than you and your mockery.

Draw a picture of Mohammed and tens if not hundreds of thousands of people will be ready to kill you. Perhaps they're compensating for something.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Yes, yet he still lives. :)

Yes, but both of them at various times and in certain places considered the other to be heretical. That's why there's so many of them that have killed the other.

I thought you were asserting that every heretical act (according to Islam) has met with violence. My response is that it just not possible. Heck, here on INGO alone there've been a HUGE number of Islamic-heretical posts. :) Yet, no violence (that we know of) has erupted.

I wonder though.......Are any INGO "Shooters" still alive? :):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Humbly, is you think that accurate, it's because you want to have that position, it is not based upon the source books that describe them and their beliefs.

Completely based on source material. "Vengeful," I think is a word I've heard thrown around from time to time.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Christian Identity does not equal fundamentalist Christian, which are by definition not racist. Those are skinheads, which eliminates the Barbee Gang and Rudolph. Roeder was schizophrenic. I'll give you Kopp, save for the fact that it wasn't a bombing.

You cite four events, only two of which were actual bombings, over a nearly 20 year period.

The fact that you had to dig so deeply pretty much proves the point.

I didn't dig at all and it isn't worth time to win internet debates. That was a 2 minute search on Google/Wikipedia. The point has been made, methinks.

Violence in the name of religion is as old as religion itself. Violence in the name of most ideas is in the human genome.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Difference is, I laugh at people who do things like **** Christ, Elephant Sh*t Madonna, and Hunky Jesus contests. My God is bigger than you and your mockery.

Draw a picture of Mohammed and tens if not hundreds of thousands of people will be ready to kill you. Perhaps they're compensating for something.

Or they're not pussies like we are.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Isn't that last part supposed to be in purple? Because it's not gonna happen :lmfao:
    I think that the artwork can be considered offensive, but what isn't these days? If we can be offensive to one, we should to all. If we can't offend one, then offend none. Way too much in the middle in today's society for my taste.
    @houghmade - coulda fooled me, ending your post with a sentence specifically baited to your "opponents" made it seem to me like you were wanting to argue about abortion :dunno:

I don't see why the support of the 1st amendment had to include obviously offensive material though. I can walk around all day being a giant jackass and that's within my right, but why would I want to be a jerkoff on purpose? I've no reason.... Why taint our protected right by using it to say "neener neener" to a group of people, for any reason other than hate. Now, while I don't agree with it, I don't think the terrorists are doing any justice to relieving this hate by reacting like this.. But they're terrorists, it's what they do, doesn't matter the religion they're affiliated with.

The First Amendment was designed to protect offensive speech,
    because nobody ever tries to ban the other kind.
    -- Mike Godwin, staff counsel, EFF

What Mike Godwin is saying, is there wouldn't need to be a law to protect inoffensive speech, cause no one would be banning it.
    The first amendment is there specifically for offensive.

Now the courts have put limits (such as incitement, defamation, etc.) on free speech, but you have to be careful.
    It would be very easy to loosen the restrictions, and start to outlaw speech against a political party, the government, etc.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

What Mike Godwin is saying, is there wouldn't need to be a law to protect inoffensive speech, cause no one would be banning it.

Now the courts have put limits (such as incitement, defamation, etc.) on free speech, but you have to be careful.
    It would be very easy to loosen the restrictions, and start to outlaw speech against a political party, the government, etc.

And on INGO....:(

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes

I agree, I'm not saying the 1A shouldn't cover protecting such material, just asking why? What was the motivation behind the group doing this other than to be rude? There are better ways to exercise ones right without hate.
    They were well within their right to do this, but it certainly doesn't make them look like decent human beings. (And the 1A would allow me to call them whatever I want) Unless you get into protected groups of people... That's a whole 'nother debate.

The freedom to voice an opinion being protected is a good thing, while I may not agree with their way going about it, I could call them whatever I want and make ignorant comments on how Texans are intolerant (which I don't think true, but 1A would protect that). Just makes me look like a jerk though, not much is accomplished.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And on INGO....:(

INGO is not the government.

I agree, I'm not saying the 1A shouldn't cover protecting such material, just asking why? What was the motivation behind the group doing this other than to be rude? There are better ways to exercise ones right without hate.
    They were well within their right to do this, but it certainly doesn't make them look like decent human beings. (And the 1A would allow me to call them whatever I want) Unless you get into protected groups of people... That's a whole 'bother debate.

The freedom to voice an opinion being protected is a good thing, while I may not agree with their way going about it, I could call them whatever I want and make ignorant comments on how Texans are intolerant (which I don't think true, but 1A would protect that).

Some people might say (and I've heard them saying it), just because you have a 2nd amendment doesn't mean you need to carry a pistol (or have an AR, or have a "large cap mag")

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    INGO is not the government.

Some people might say (and I've heard them saying it), just because you have a 2nd amendment doesn't mean you need to carry a pistol (or have an AR, or have a "large cap mag")
    You don't "need" to. But the 2nd amendment protects the right to choose. I'm not trying to say the 1st amendment is wrong in protecting it, as you seem to think I am. I'm merely trying to ask what they were trying to accomplish?
    Carrying a pistol accomplishes self protection and allows me to feel safe.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom