• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Look, we get it. Your side hates Constitutional Rights and Liberty. How you stand on Constitutional Rights depends on who is being accused of what. That's how you guys do it.

All I am asking is that you drop the mask and let us see your fascism.

Everyone has constitutional rights--Ron Paul, Pot heads/Ron Paul voters, and . . . the police. To say that people can exercise Constitutional rights with "impure" motives is just more of the 8th grade solipsism that we see.

Yeah, but I need to know the reason for exercising a Constitutional right before I endorse it as proper.

Can I be an INGOtarian now?

How about if I decry the "Blue Wall of Silence" while donning my brown shirt? Can I play then?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How about if I decry the "Blue Wall of Silence" while donning my brown shirt? Can I play then?

Only if you can sport a coif like this fellow right here...:)

307490.jpg

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    What would happen to a prole called to the stand in a case where someone else was accused of crimes against a police officer and they took the fifth?

Offer of immunity, I'd imagine, just like the officers in question.

What if that prole then continued to refuse to testify, even when there was zero possibility that any court in the land could entertain charges against them for anything arising out of anything he said on the stand?

I'd imagine an immediate charge of contempt of court and quote possibly an obstruction of justice charge on top of that.

Call me when any police officer who has actually been offered immunity and still refuses to testify is even threatened with contempt or obstruction charges. Until then, this is just same-ol' same-ol' with a side of code of silence for the biggest, best equipped street gang on the streets.
    I don't think that an offer of immunity negates your fifth amendment rights.
    If I still don't want to testify due to my own reasons (repercussions or reprisals) then immunity does not compel me to testify

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Which 5th amendment right(s) are you specifically talking about?

Cathy seems to think that if the officers are offered immunity but still won't testify then they could be charged with obstruction or contempt. (Like I quoted) attempting to return to the topic.

What would happen to a prole called to the stand in a case where someone else was accused of crimes against a police officer and they took the fifth?

What if that prole then continued to refuse to testify, even when there was zero possibility that any court in the land could entertain charges against them for anything arising out of anything he said on the stand?

I'd imagine an immediate charge of contempt of court and quote possibly an obstruction of justice charge on top of that.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Cathy seems to think that if the officers are offered immunity but still won't testify then they could be charged with obstruction or contempt. (Like I quoted) attempting to return to the topic.

Cathy is correct about the contempt, I don't know about obstruction in Ohio.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't think that an offer of immunity negates your fifth amendment rights.
    If I still don't want to testify due to my own reasons (repercussions or reprisals) then immunity does not compel me to testify

If the immunity is broad enough, yes it does. Your option may end up being held in contempt until you testify.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am going to ask again, what specific fifth amendment right(s) are you talking about?

The longstanding right to look up at Danny Reagan and say dramatically, "I'm not snitching. No matters who tells me to."

THAT right, or have you conveniently forgotten it?

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Without being protected from anything that would cause me to not want to testify would result in my testimony being;

"I don't remember"
    "I don't recall"
    "I don't know"
    "I'm not sure"
    etc, etc

resulting in nothing for the prosecution from me

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Without being protected from anything that would cause me to not want to testify would result in my testimony being;

"I don't remember"
    "I don't recall"
    "I don't know"
    "I'm not sure"
    etc, etc

resulting in nothing for the prosecution from me
    So we are or aren't talking fifth amendment rights here?

Your stated intent to commit perjury aside, you do realize that the rules for the judge to conclude that you are violating your oath and still hold you in contempt is not the same as in a perjury prosecution?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom