• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The prosecutor has run into the "blue wall of silence" and asked for the officers to be treated as hostile witnesses. They're just covering up for their fellow officer now. Cleveland PD has some serious problems.

Cleveland officers silence frustrates prosecutor in police trial - LA Times

That's BS. The prosecutor brought this on himself by offering immunity to some and not to others. That leaves those who have been refused immunity to believe that they may be next. They have the exact same right to silence as anyone else. I have reviewed this case pretty extensively and I believe that Brelo is the only one who could be convicted in this case, that doesn't mean the prosecutor cannot still indict others and make their life miserable and costly for a lengthy period of time.

I'm pretty familiar with your posts and your attitude toward government and authority. I'm sure you'd be up there singing like a canary, your own welfare be damned.

Offer them immunity and if they still refuse to testify I'll be behind you all the way.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is why I'm always disappointed to hear of gang-bangers driving classic cars... Race aside if you have sleeves and a teardrop, drive like a douchbag, have a stereo so loud I can hear panels rattling in MY car, I will assume you are a gang-banger, just to head off the racist accusations.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The prosecutor has run into the "blue wall of silence" and asked for the officers to be treated as hostile witnesses. They're just covering up for their fellow officer now. Cleveland PD has some serious problems.

I need a refresher course on when INGOtarians are cool with Constitutional rights.

Constitutional rights can be exercised by:

A. Ron Paul
    B. Everyone, especially those accused of drug crimes
    C. Everyone and that includes the police
    D. A and B but definitely not C
    E. Everyone who the Central Committee of INGOtarianism has deemed politically worthy

I'm just trying to get some of that vaunted consistency that INGOtarians so value. Why can't the police take 5?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I need a refresher course on when INGOtarians are cool with Constitutional rights.

Constitutional rights can be exercised by:

A. Ron Paul
    B. Everyone, especially those accused of drug crimes
    C. Everyone and that includes the police
    D. A and B but definitely not C
    E. Everyone who the Central Committee of INGOtarianism has deemed politically worthy

I'm just trying to get some of that vaunted consistency that INGOtarians so value. Why can't the police take 5?

As usual, you can't be bothered to look at previous posts.

I can't say. I support his right to invoke the 5th, but immunity should have never been handed out to anyone in this case. This one stank from the beginning and the air isn't getting any clearer.

Let go of your lapels and stop the rocking. I would say it ill becomes you but we all know better. I don't care if they take the 5th, it's their ryeat. But, their reasons for doing it lie in obstruction. That department is a mess from top to bottom and these guys aren't helping anything.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't care if they take the 5th, it's their ryeat. But, their reasons for doing it lie in obstruction.

My reason would be self preservation (and I would if I were in their shoes). If they're taking the 5th for any other reason they are idiots.

That department is a mess from top to bottom and these guys aren't helping anything.

I believe you are right.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Let go of your lapels and stop the rocking. I would say it ill becomes you but we all know better. I don't care if they take the 5th, it's their ryeat. But, their reasons for doing it lie in obstruction. That department is a mess from top to bottom and these guys aren't helping anything.

So INGOtarians don't support Constitutional rights, but they say they do. Got it. Perfectly consistent as per usual for your tribe.

Let that be a warning for you, INGO. INGOtarians are out there watching. Ensuring that your motives for exercising your rights are pure.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So INGOtarians don't support Constitutional rights, but they say they do. Got it. Perfectly consistent as per usual for your tribe.

Let that be a warning for you, INGO. INGOtarians are out there watching. Ensuring that your motives for exercising your rights are pure.

Were you an ESL student? You must have failed your exit exam.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Were you an ESL student? You must have failed your exit exam.

Look, we get it. Your side hates Constitutional Rights and Liberty. How you stand on Constitutional Rights depends on who is being accused of what. That's how you guys do it.

All I am asking is that you drop the mask and let us see your fascism.

Everyone has constitutional rights--Ron Paul, Pot heads/Ron Paul voters, and . . . the police. To say that people can exercise Constitutional rights with "impure" motives is just more of the 8th grade solipsism that we see.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What would happen to a prole called to the stand in a case where someone else was accused of crimes against a police officer and they took the fifth?

Offer of immunity, I'd imagine, just like the officers in question.

What if that prole then continued to refuse to testify, even when there was zero possibility that any court in the land could entertain charges against them for anything arising out of anything he said on the stand?

I'd imagine an immediate charge of contempt of court and quote possibly an obstruction of justice charge on top of that.

Call me when any police officer who has actually been offered immunity and still refuses to testify is even threatened with contempt or obstruction charges. Until then, this is just same-ol' same-ol' with a side of code of silence for the biggest, best equipped street gang on the streets.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Call me when any police officer who has actually been offered immunity and still refuses to testify is even threatened with contempt or obstruction charges. Until then, this is just same-ol' same-ol' with a side of code of silence for the biggest, best equipped street gang on the streets.

Someone will need to call you because that is not the situation we're seeing in Cleveland so it has nothing to do with this thread.

Top Bottom