• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Okay, the "general public" (whoever that's supposed to be) don't get to have it both ways, either.

Now, for clarification, would that be the Hollywood 'general public', the Ferguson and Baltimore rioters 'general public', the Waco bike gang 'general public', or the Malibu and Southampton 'general public'? 'Cause those groups sure don't "all think the same". :laugh:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Okay, the "general public" (whoever that's supposed to be) don't get to have it both ways, either.

Now, for clarification, would that be the Hollywood 'general public', the Ferguson and Baltimore rioters 'general public', the Waco bike gang 'general public', or the Malibu and Southampton 'general public'? 'Cause those groups sure don't "all think the same". :laugh:
    Uh, yeah the general public should be able to expect criminals to obstruct criminal proceedings and cops not to.

It isn't asking a whole lot.

It goes back to the words of the oath you took.

Tell me how those words square up with refusing to testify against another officer.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Let's be clear here then, he is a cop who has never had a problem throwing cops under the bus, right?

As Frank said, he has never been a police officer. He is a politician, as narcissistic and slimy a liberal as you'll find. He has an infatuation for law enforcement but the closest he's ever come was as a professional armchair quarterback.

Straub is as much a police officer as Obama is a Marine.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    As Frank said, he has never been a police officer. He is a politician, as narcissistic and slimy a liberal as you'll find. He has an infatuation for law enforcement but the closest he's ever come was as a professional armchair quarterback.

Straub is as much a police officer as Obama is a Marine.

He was granted academy equivalency out is Wash. state and is their chief out there. He may be a useless admin weenie pos cop, but at the end of the day I don't see how the police chief with state certification isn't a cop. For the record, I loathe that man.

Barry on the other hand is a lawyer, kind of.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    He was granted academy equivalency out is Wash. state and is their chief out there. He may be a useless admin weenie pos cop, but at the end of the day I don't see how the police chief with state certification isn't a cop. For the record, I loathe that man.

Barry on the other hand is a lawyer, kind of.

Barry is also Commander in Chief which technically makes him a Soldier, Marine, Airman and a Sailor, but he ain't. :)

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    No, it "technically" does not. It makes him the civilian who is elected their commander in chief. Got a cite for the proposition is a member of the Marines?
    USMC chain of command
    (to command by definition you must bea member, even if civilian)

-The Honorable Mr Obama (presiedent)
    -The Honorable Mr Biden (vice pres.)
    -The Honorable Mr Gates (secretary of defense)
    -Secretary of the Navy
    -Commandant of the USMC
    -Sgt Major of the USMC
    then your units command starts here.....

You can look up the three others..

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    USMC chain of command
    (to command by definition you must bea member, even if civilian)

-The Honorable Mr Obama (presiedent)
    -The Honorable Mr Biden (vice pres.)
    -The Honorable Mr Gates (secretary of defense)
    -Secretary of the Navy
    -Commandant of the USMC
    -Sgt Major of the USMC
    then your units command starts here.....

You can look up the three others..

So the secretary of the Navy is a Marine????? Color him surprised!

Chain of command does not equate to membership. Give me a cite for the proposition.

For example, Straub was not a cop here, even though as Director of Public Safety he was in the chain of command here. In Washington, he is a cop because he is certified as such by the state and sworn in as a police officer.

Obama and the Marines is analogous to Straub in Indy.

Straub in Washington is not.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Is the Sec Nav a marine? No

is the marine corp under the dept of navy? Yes
    no dept of the marine corp, that's why it's a "corp"
    until 1948 their was no Air Force, it was under the dept of the army

is a commander a member of the service he is commanding? Duh

dont need a cite for common sense? That's why the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is in everyone's chain of command irregardless of service. As well as SecDef and CIC

as far as Staub. Don't know him and don't care

Last edited:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I read the entire thread. I recognize that this happened SOMEWHERE ELSE. I am not accusing our INGO LEOs of any wrong doing whatsoever. I understand that they are outside observers of this incident just like I am. Still........ I am having a problem swallowing entirely the "Deadly force is deadly force" thing.

I am willing to concede that Officers have unique problems and circumstances that they must negotiate while trying to perform their duties. I will sign on to the "Dead is dead no matter how many bullets" concept on one condition. I want an official position taken on the ABUSE OF A CORPSE......

At what point does pounding lead into dead meat become pointless, not to mention reckless endangerment of the general public?

We recognize the futility of BEATING a dead horse, why not the futility of SHOOTING one?

Now remember, I have not taken a stance on the shoot/don't shoot whatsoever....... With the info given I can't be certain on that. The shoot/stop shooting seems to be more clear cut.

It is well documented that in the heat of battle people lose track of the number of shots they have fired and in fact can empty a magazine without realizing it. Probably related to the effects of adrenaline including tunnel vision and time dilation. Furthermore, most tactics call for shooting until the threat is ended. This is what happens during combat. Personally, I don't understand why they don't just shoot the guns out of the bad guys hands. But that's a discussion for another day.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    It is well documented that in the heat of battle people lose track of the number of shots they have fired and in fact can empty a magazine without realizing it. Probably related to the effects of adrenaline including tunnel vision and time dilation. Furthermore, most tactics call for shooting until the threat is ended. This is what happens during combat. Personally, I don't understand why they don't just shoot the guns out of the bad guys hands. But that's a discussion for another day.

Or shoot their shoelaces so they trip over them and fall down. Easy arrest

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No, it "technically" does not. It makes him the civilian who is elected their commander in chief. Got a cite for the proposition is a member of the Marines?

Straub is a civilian hired to lead the Spokane Police Department and handed whatever credentials were needed to hold the position. He has never graduated from a police academy, he has never worked the street as a police officer and he doesn't know the first thing about being a police officer. He's a professional administrator, not a police officer.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for the prosecutor to offer immunity to some and not to others. As I said, Brelo went way, and I mean way, above and beyond what could possibly be considered reasonable behavior in this case. The other officers did not (in my opinion). Police officers should be afforded the reasonable expectation that the information they receive from fellow officers is reliable. There were 137 rounds fired by 13 different officers in this case and Brelo fired 49 of them. That leaves an average of 7.3 rounds fired by each of the other officers, a far cry from what Brelo did. None of the other officers jumped on the hood of that car and fired through the windshield and all of them were fed information that the occupants of that car were shooting at officers (that information turned out to be false but I'll revert back to my earlier statement). The actions of those officers must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer placed in the same situation and afforded the same information those officers had at the time.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't think any of the other officers who were present at the shooting would be convicted of a crime. I'm pretty damned sure that when they spoke to their attorneys their attorneys told them to shut up. Given the political climate in this country currently there is no way in God's green earth I would open my mouth and provide any testimony that a prosecuting attorney could try to use to indict me had I fired a round that night. No way. It has ansolutely zero to do with a thin blue line, it has everything to do with not being a pawn in the political bull**** which has been fueled by the media and the Federal Government all the way up to the white house.

The fact that the prosecutor offered immunity to some but not others leaves the door open for further indictments. Only an idiot would be willing to open their mouth and dig their own grave. Complete incompetence on the part of the prosecutor if he hoped to gain any level of cooperation whatsoever.
    Hmmm a lot of this story seems like it could apply to a certain contractor shooting in Iraq. If you have teammates saying they're taking fire and you see them firing at a vehicle then a reasonable person will also fire at said vehicle. You have to trust the people you work with or your dead or jailed

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Straub is a civilian hired to lead the Spokane Police Department and handed whatever credentials were needed to hold the position. He has never graduated from a police academy, he has never worked the street as a police officer and he doesn't know the first thing about being a police officer. He's a professional administrator, not a police officer.
    Let's just be honest ..... In my opinion he's a piece of ****

Top Bottom