• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    This is the wierdest thing in the world...my wife was just pulled over at 37 and 116th st in Fishers for crossing a solid white line. Whatever, no comment on that. The thing is she came home and handed me the ticket...and it was written out to me! My name, my DL#, all of my information- I guess maybe since the vehicle is registered to me and my wife. But her name is nowhere on the ticket, it is just written out to me. What the heck?!? I was already home with the kids, so its not like I have proof showing I wasn't driving, plus the whole ticket was printed and she wasn't told to sign. I tried calling, but its after 5. The ticket says the Police agency is the Indiana State Police, and the court is the Hamilton Superior Court. I am honestly flabergasted, any ideas???

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Which white line did she cross? The one on the right of the road or the ones at a stoplight or stop sign?

I'm just curious.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    call guy. and next time dont stay at home minding your own business you see what kind of trouble that gets you in.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    She was driving north on 69 and put her blinker on where 37/116th street exits on the right, the line between her lane and the exit lane was solid white. I never thought of that as a violation, but I looked it up and obviously it is, so I'm not argueing that the ticket was wrong or complaining, I just can't understand how it was written out to me and I'm unsure about what to do from here. Thanks!

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    Solid white line. I'm guessing no lane change or restricted movement in the construction zone? As for you being listed on the ticket, I'm scratching my head on that one.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    At minimum, the cop is responsible for citing the correct person. I would imagine that he is in for a most humiliating experience in court when confronted with having ticketed you while you were at home operating your lazy-boy.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    White line? The fog line?:dunno:

Give me the cite.

Solid line between the exit lane and regular lane.
    The cite is 9-21-4-18 Failure to obey signs and markings while driving

And Scutter, how can I fight it if I don't have proof that I wasn't driving? If it's simply my word against the officers the court sides with the officer, and I'm sure he won't remember this specific ticket a month from now at the court date!

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    She handed the officer HER drivers license, not mine, and she was not told to sign the ticket...not to brag but she's a pretty redhead with long curly hair, not too easy to confuse her with a guy...

Top Bottom