• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know how the lanes are marked. The right lane is the exit for both 116 & 37 I get into the right lane snd get off on 37 & just about get hit all the time because people don't want to Waite there turn. Hint hint.

Used to work right off 116th st. and experience the same thing every time I used that exit getting off 69. I came up from Speedway and we all call that area the idiot zone. A concentration of idiots, non-driving goofballs and a lot of no respect from 465 north to just up past the exit in question. That is why the trooper was citing folks there. The "Solid" white line is to keep traffic flowing into the exit. Of course you can not cross it. It is a solid lane marker for a reason.
    Not saying anything bad about the OP's spouse but it is a common practice in the idiot zone to drive when and where ever one wants to for any reason one can think of. Everyone is in a bigger hurry than anyone else. is it obvious I do not care for the area or some of it's residents/drivers.
    As to the ticket.... that's just wrong. Remember, Hamilton Co. Lots of luck with this.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Ianal, but my guess is there is no need for her to go to court at all, she was not issued a citation! You were! So, maybe YOU need to go or call and explain that you were not driving and had a ticket made out to you. I'm guessing that she should already be off the hook and that with some explanation, you should be also!
    Seems the officer needs to pay attention to who he's writing tickets to!

I would object loudly if they try to re-write a ticket to her after the fact, wether they are allowed to or not! Just my opinion!

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    ^ sounds like it right there.

We get friendly reminders all the time to check existing addresses to compair on ID's and registrations. How many "John Smiths" do you think are runnining around. We have to make sure that the right info is placed on the ticket. If it is an e-ticket, it can be generated in a matter of minutes. Being too quick and not checking your work, can cause problems. My car (and I) are too old, we don't need one.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks for all of the advice guys, I called the State Police and talked to a very nice Sargent. He looked up the ticket, which was already in the system, and said that all of my info was indeed on the ticket, yet the picture of my wife's license was attached. He said the license had been scanned, so the only way he saw this as being possible is that BMV made a mistake, and somehow encoded my info on the back of my wife's license. I should be getting a followup call from the trooper that did the stop. It's good to know the officer merely didn't double check, the real screw up was from BMV-hard to believe, I know:rolleyes: Maybe now we can turn this into a BMV bashing thread?:):

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    She handed the officer HER drivers license, not mine, and she was not told to sign the ticket...not to brag but she's a pretty redhead with long curly hair, not too easy to confuse her with a guy...

I'm thinking something sinister is going on here. She may have set you up with a much more serious crime and the ticket to you will be her alibi. You do know that gingers don't have souls, don't you?

*sits back stroking my ginger beard*

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I think the trooper was out there again today. His car was between two civilian cars and didn't have his lights on. One of the cars was trying to pull back in to traffic and it looked like he was heading towards the next. If I had to use my imagination I'd say he's sitting there pointing at the cars to stop as he sees them cut thru the angled white lines.

With all this construction at the exit, the traffic is worse than ever. All lanes are a slow crawl from before 96th because it's just two thru lanes and one exiting lane. The merging area is even smaller so I think even more people will be "cheating" so I'm sorta glad the troopers are out there trying to curb the bad behavior. Don't need any my construction workers killed.

Top Bottom