• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    the ticket being writen out to you will help you get it thrown out as she was the person driving.. but for the future, she should have not taken the ticket.. she should have made another officer come to her location at that time and get it solved.. you either are on his "bad list" or he felt bad and wanted to save her the trouble..
    what a mess. but don't hold off.. be there early in the am or atleast be on the phone early am...

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Solid line between the exit lane and regular lane.
    The cite is 9-21-4-18 Failure to obey signs and markings while driving

And Scutter, how can I fight it if I don't have proof that I wasn't driving? If it's simply my word against the officers the court sides with the officer, and I'm sure he won't remember this specific ticket a month from now at the court date!

They usually write notes on the back of their copy of tickets. They had better be able to recall this, because they have to testify under oath if called.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    She told me she was crying and didn't even see that my name was written on the ticket until she got home. I also thought maybe he was nice and wrote it wrong to let her off, but wouldn't he just write her a warning in that case? I mean, if he did it on purpose it would technically be perjury...I don't know...but any ideas how I could prove it wan't me driving? I am enjoying the smarta$$ comments:D, but any other ideas on how I could sort this out?

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    My guess is that maybe the car is registered to you and they produced an e-ticket. They didn't check the name or "name candidate" it. They used the registration instead of scanning her license. Possible.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    She told me she was crying and didn't even see that my name was written on the ticket until she got home. I also thought maybe he was nice and wrote it wrong to let her off, but wouldn't he just write her a warning in that case? I mean, if he did it on purpose it would technically be perjury...I don't know...but any ideas how I could prove it wan't me driving? I am enjoying the smarta$$ comments:D, but any other ideas on how I could sort this out?

Were you on INGO at the time? You can prove that if so:D

Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    If it were me, I'd call the ISP Post and ask for a Supervisor. Explain the situation and he/she should be authorized to straighten out the mix up. That UTT should be Void. The TX number is probably for the Court NOT ISP. The longer that you wait, the mix up will continue and or you will need an attorney. As far as a new UTT with the correct information ? I wouldn't do it. The Officer's Name & PE Number should be on the UTT. Something is terribly wrong here :dunno:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    THAT same problem began ...

... in the Garden Of Eden, while Adam was out fishing, the snake dropped in on Eve. Pay attention to first things first. You have YOUR fables, I have mine. Was she exiting, w/o a signal? If the tire touched the white (inside) line, she'd need a signal to be legal.
    Loitering? :dunno:

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks 4sarge, that's exactly what I'll do in the morning. And haymaker, I hope there is some video/audio. I just don't want to be told to show up on the court date next month and tell it to the judge.:ugh:

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    So she drove around all the people who waited in line?:ar15: I hate people that do that.

I agree, that is honestly my biggest pet peave while driving, those who speed along in the wrong lane and then cause a bottleneck slowing down and trying to horn in make me want to, yes, :ar15:, you got it right! But this exit is very different. It is hard to explain, but the far right lane backs up with everybody getting off on 116th st. Maybe 400 yards before the actual exit, however, the right lane splits into two lanes with the far right still getting off on 116th st and the "new" second to right lane getting off on 37N. I usually drive in the middle lane past the looong line, and when it splits into two lanes right before the exit, I get over into the new second to right lane, which is usually clear, to get onto 37 North, while the line of cars in the right lane waits to get off on 116th st. Sorry, I probably explained that poorly, but for those who drive it during rush hour you know what I mean. This is what she did, and I'm not arguing the ticket, I just wanted advice because it was written out to me!

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I know how the lanes are marked. The right lane is the exit for both 116 & 37 I get into the right lane snd get off on 37 & just about get hit all the time because people don't want to Waite there turn. Hint hint.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    More evidence that everything is the man's fault. My dad got a ticket for getting into turn lane 20' before the white line swerved over to it. Don't cross solid lines. Yellow just means traffic moves opposite direction on other side.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They usually write notes on the back of their copy of tickets. They had better be able to recall this, because they have to testify under oath if called.

That's not done anymore unless the ticket is hand written. With e-ticket, you can attach your notes directly to the "officer copy" of the ticket after the stop.

Top Bottom