• ...and so much more!
  • MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I think LEOs on this board got tired of being bashed for sharing their insider views of these topics while the members who tell the tales of impropriety and rights violations are believed wholesale by virtually all of the posters in a given thread without question.

We're not all like that, some of us DO have respect for the LEO's on here. Heck I'm even friendly to a couple of them. :):

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I want INGO members to wear a small orange dot on their hats or lapels so I can talk to them at gun shows ..:D

(purple-- unless it turns out to be a good idea! )

It may not be as cool as an Orange Dot, but plenty of people walk around the guns shows (in Indiana) with INGO SWAG: Hats, Shirts, Body Art, etc.

If you talk to them, you might find some are INGO Members. :ingo:

;)

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Ok, I`m beginning to see that I should never have started this thread. What I was expecting an officer to say was what our legal right was when being stopped. There are rogue cops here as well as any other city/state, and I thought we would get some good honest advice. Forget that huh?

And THERE is your answer; the apparent willingness to sling thinly-veiled insults simply because we hesitate to indulge in your ride on the "rogue cop" bandwagon. You just answered your own question more effectively than we all could have as a group.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I feel as though there is a double standard here. If one speaks about the wrongs of LEO, they are labled as cop haters or bashers, yet if same type of discussion is said of politicians, hater and basher are rarely used.

There is enough hate around here to label all those as "bashers". However, it is not just "speaking about wrongs" by LEO. It is about some on here that do NOTHING BUT create posts about how bad LEO's are. They will ignore positive news/posts regarding LEO's. They hate LEO's and have no intention of EVER casting a positive light on us. Those few of us left on here cannot possibly comment on every LEO thread nor should we need to. You will find hundreds of posts regarding our stance/insight in these situations and I do tire of typing the same thing over and over.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I think LEOs on this board got tired of being bashed for sharing their insider views of these topics while the members who tell the tales of impropriety and rights violations are believed wholesale by virtually all of the posters in a given thread without question.

If it's never happened to you, then you don't understand what it is like to be violated in public by thugs, hiding behind badges. Some stories may have falsehoods, but that doesn't make them all that way...kinda the same ratio as good cop/bad cop....true story/false story. There are more of the first in each instance than the second.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would tend to guess a police officer who makes certain statements on this board could very much be held accountable. Same as if he posted that the mayor was a big sissy mary on facebook. These walls sure as hell have ears as we have learned in a few threads and its not to tough to get some paper in your jacket for a stupid off handed remark made here or elsewhere.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I try to cooperate with the law the best I can. After a few times of walking up on a car full of backwards hat wearing bro-hos out looking for trouble, I would probably start treating everyone the same until they show they are not out dicking something up. If people were doing the right thing, I think 90% of the police would not act the way they do. Just sayin'.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Ok, 2 recent situations (very recent situations) and I to applaud officer safety for each. Each will get different reactions from each member. I would like to hear. Like I have said, I have thick skin.

1. Shooting in a hot spot of town with one person shot in the leg. Description was 2 black males in a white Chevy Malibu with Kentucky plates. 3 minutes later a car matching that description is found 6 blocks away from the shooting. Officers do a felony car stop. Six officers assist and weapons drawn. The driver is taken out and the driver has a gun. We take it, handcuff and 5 minutes later we discover he has an ltch. We explain to him and he is very decent about it. He leaves with no problem.

2. Another call for a man walking down the street with a gun in his hand. We see a person matching the description and stop him. We search him and find a weapon. He now states he was on his way over to do some business with a friend that he is mad at and will have words with him. We run his ID and it also come back that he has an ltch. Do you expect for us to give back a loaded gun to a person who is angry with someone near by? Right now he hasn't broke any laws except stating he is mad at someone.

People cry foul on most anything the police do. Bashing here is a common theme, I understand. There are threads here telling people not to inform if you are carrying. I understand, you don't have to. Now we have that sticky point at the time of when the policeman finds out another gun is present and the other person says "I have an ltch". Very rarely do we come in contact with "normal" people. Please forgive the word "normal", but I hope you understand. My night is consumed with drunks, addicts, domestic violence, thefts, shots fired and man with a gun runs. I don't deive around waving at everyone saing "Hi neighbor". 90% of the time, I don't even have dinner.

Each contact with a police officer is different from the next. No two are aloke. I would have to reserve my opinion on each comment about "rights being violated" until I heard each side. My suggestion is to say if you have a question about a violation, talk to that department's internal division or a lawyer. I don't think that I woud start by placing it on the web for the whole world to see. Especially if you plan to seek damages.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Officer at speedway noticed my grip of my oc/cc at the gas station today. He asked me if it was a g26 or g27. I said 26 as I filled my 32 ounce soda........ Told him have a safe day.......that was in Bloomington!

So I have posted a good LEO report!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom