Police: 4 people shot and killed "execution-style" on Indy's near-west side.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    What is the reasoning behind this? Surely the ones who did it have to know that the good guys are going to be looking for them? Is it that there isn't a suspect or suspects yet? It just seems like if there were suspects, it would be a good idea to plaster their names and pictures all over the place. Not criticizing, just curious.

Haven't you seen The First 48?
    :dunno:

:D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sometimes there is nothing to say. Sometimes you want to pick people up by surprise for interviews. Sometimes you hold info so witnesses can corroborate. If the news says Jimmy did it and you say Jimmy did it that's not as credible as you knowing that info when it isn't public.

Not comments on this case. I know nothing about it and haven't tried to find out.

Makes sense then. Thanks for the explanation! :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "We" are not allowed to comment as anything "we" say will be racist/discriminating...

I am sure these people were great upstanding citizens...

One of the neighbors was being interviewed and said that all the trouble came from outsiders. Lifestyle choices was the reason all the madness was happening and folks were responsible for their guests.
    She pretty much nailed it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "We" are not allowed to comment as anything "we" say will be racist/discriminating...

So for people that aren't "upstanding citizens" it's ok that they were shot? We don't know ANYTHING about the victims, and it appears you are assigning blame on everybody BUT the shooters. You're not saying the victims deserved it, but you are stopping just of.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Let's see what's publicly available. Five people shot, including three children on northwest side of Indianapolis | Fox 59

Detectives say there are three suspects involved and the crime is not random.

Kids getting hurt is my absolutely least favorite part of this job. Sometimes peoples' choices put them at greater risk for victimization, and unfortunately for everyone that risk attaches to their children as well.

Without commenting on this specific case, avoiding hanging out with criminals is a great step toward not being victimized. Not being involved in criminal activity also is a great step toward not being victimized. From slinging dope to joining a criminal gang to staying in a relationship with an abuser, your choices impact your safety and the safety or your children much more than random chance of being a victim.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    So for people that aren't "upstanding citizens" it's ok that they were shot? We don't know ANYTHING about the victims, and it appears you are assigning blame on everybody BUT the shooters. You're not saying the victims deserved it, but you are stopping just of.

You've just proven his point

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill

:wow: :rolleyes:

This is from the comment section of the article and did not give his INGO user name.

Remember the big top down drug bust made at the Lafayette scare? This is precisely the problem with taking out the management without getting everyone with a rico. It will be like this for some time. I blame IMPD for rushing to make a a big arrest for the papers after the quadrupole homicide that was the week prior. Thanks.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    :wow: :rolleyes:

This is from the comment section of the article and did not give his INGO user name.

Remember the big top down drug bust made at the Lafayette scare? This is precisely the problem with taking out the management without getting everyone with a rico. It will be like this for some time. I blame IMPD for rushing to make a a big arrest for the papers after the quadrupole homicide that was the week prior. Thanks.

LOL, everyone is an expert at jobs they never have to do.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the Fox59 link: "Police say the suspects know the victims and they were inside the apartment when the shooting happened."

Let's hope the victims cooperate with police.

For Kut: I am certainly not saying the victims "deserved" to be shot, especially the children, but with that said, I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have any acquaintances that give me cause to think they may shoot me. I choose not to associate with such people. Sounds like someone made some poor choices along the way. And to be clear, I do blame the shooters for the shooting. On the surface though, it appears that the choices made by the victims certainly may have some bearing in this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From the Fox59 link: "Police say the suspects know the victims and they were inside the apartment when the shooting happened."

Let's hope the victims cooperate with police.

For Kut: I am certainly not saying the victims "deserved" to be shot, especially the children, but with that said, I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have any acquaintances that give me cause to think they may shoot me. I choose not to associate with such people. Sounds like someone made some poor choices along the way. And to be clear, I do blame the shooters for the shooting. On the surface though, it appears that the choices made by the victims certainly may have some bearing in this.

If you hang with that crowd and style your life around it the percentage's go way up you will be caught up in or be the focal point of violence.
    When dealing with people who say they will kill you and your entire family if you cross them.......Well, do not cross them.
    Better yet, do not deal with them. And if you do, pay them.
    Yes, the shooters are at fault.
    Yes, the adult victims brought this to their door step.
    The children are innocent.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you hang with that crowd and style your life around it the percentage's go way up you will be caught up in or be the focal point of violence.
    When dealing with people who say they will kill you and your entire family if you cross them.......Well, do not cross them.
    Better yet, do not deal with them. And if you do, pay them.
    Yes, the shooters are at fault.
    Yes, the adult victims brought this to their door step.
    The children are innocent.

Exactly. I get tired of people blaming "poverty" for bad behavior. My mom's family were dirt poor, and she grew up during the Great Depression. None of them robbed, stole from or killed anyone. I also know that there are a lot of poor people that are real salt of the earth types. It's all about choices and personal responsibility.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Exactly. I get tired of people blaming "poverty" for bad behavior. My mom's family were dirt poor, and she grew up during the Great Depression. None of them robbed, stole from or killed anyone. I also know that there are a lot of poor people that are real salt of the earth types. It's all about choices and personal responsibility.

So many are poor by choice.
    Upbringing does have a lot to do with it but there are folks that ride the gravy train.
    People are always looking at Blame. If one chooses to stay in a given lifestyle who then is to blame.
    There are programs available for so many avenues of escape. They are only a start but nothing good will come with out some effort.

Top Bottom