• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I used to play Niantic's old game (Ingress) for several months. I even added two spots at my work to it. Now those two places are Pokestops. It's handy.

I'm enjoying it OK so far, but I'm never near a gym, so I haven't actually done any of the battle stuff. Hopefully I find time for that soon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    blank_stare.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You know it took Michelle 8 yrs to get kids out and running, whereas Nintendo did it in less than 24hrs.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My son's been playing it. The technology is pretty cool from how he describes it. Side note: He says it knows if you are walking, riding bike or in car based on speed of movement. He said you get more points the farther you walk to get to things. He admitted it is basically fit bit for nerds.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    While this particular app is not interesting to me, my kids - ages 12-18 - are all into it. So, it is good to see them interacting without bickering. :D

But, the premise - augmented reality - is REALLY interesting to me. That's the kind of thing that will become more prevalent. This is just the first small wave of the tech tsunami approaching.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    While this particular app is not interesting to me, my kids - ages 12-18 - are all into it. So, it is good to see them interacting without bickering. :D

But, the premise - augmented reality - is REALLY interesting to me. That's the kind of thing that will become more prevalent. This is just the first small wave of the tech tsunami approaching.

Ditto.

Maybe we can give Hillary an augmented realty White House and let her have her fun that way? Then again, the app doesn't run on a Blackberry, does it?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom