• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    So***, we still don't really know why they want to do abortions. We think it's because of $$.
    Maybe after they fight this through the system they will decide that 65 percent is better than 0 percent. Or the Feds will give them 100 percent and the State has no say.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Without getting into the murky and dangerous waters of where PP spends its money or where they should/should not get that money, I would like to state for the record that those with PERSONAL responsibility would not need nor ask for PP's services. Personal responsibility, which seems to be getting more and more diluted in today's society, would dictate that people would take precautions against outcomes they didn't want in the first place, or accept moral and financial responsibility for their actions after the fact.
    Maybe the debate shouldn't be about Planned Parenthood at all. Maybe the debate should be about how to bring back personal responsibility as more than just a phrase in a history book. Just a thought. Probably more like wishful thinking...

You need to show that this is only true if you go on the assumption that "PP's Services" only include abortions. Personal Responsibility could help quite a bit with them. Although I'm not sure how you square that thought process with inner-city girls who truly have no idea how babies are made. They showed 14-15 year old girls on their 3rd and 4th baby. Total welfare dependence. They knew the guys on the street would come into their rooms and do things to them a few times a week but had no idea of any connection between that "act" and the babies 9 months later. Sad, but true. Interesting documentary on inner-city memphis discussed that issue. I guess you could make your case work if you stated personal responsibility should have come from the parents. I'll give you that one.

Your statement falls apart when you discuss all the other multitude of services offered. Many (and I say this because I've seen this in two cases I'm close to) of the girls who go to PP are not for abortions but for health services (pap smears, check-ups, questions, etc.) because their parents won't allow them to go to a female doctor at the age of 14, 15, 16. Pediatricians can be creepy when you get into puberty for girls and many don't want any part of it. PP will see a younger patient without parental consent or parental notification. If these girls didn't have that outlet they would have been much more unhealthy from multiple perspectives. These young girls were taking personal responsibility for their own health when their parents were not. Their parents were more concerned with religious values and what fellow church members would think than getting proper health care for their daughters. This may include birth control at a certain point, but a far greater portion dealt with simple procedures that happen with any woman's check-up and GYN exams. Puts a whole different light on personal responsibility when you look at from this perspective. I realize there is a more complex issue here between parents rights and the health of a child, but to think these instances don't happen and more often than you think would be ignorant. I know of two personally and I know that many many more girls were asking for rides to PP to get check-ups done after school so the parents wouldn't know. Some were for birth control reasons but the majority were not.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom