• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    For the people that say this is "no big deal, just get the permit."....

How about for people that work 8-5 and their police departments only accept permit apps between 9-11am on Thursday? So, to exercise your right, you have to take off work to get your permit. I know they're not all like this, but I know of at least two in NW Indiana that have strange, limited hours like this.

How is this not a restriction of 2A rights and the Indiana Constitution?

I was trying to get my friend and my sister into shooting and encouraging them to buy a handgun for self-defense. Oh yeah, and if you ever want to go to the range to become proficient and learn how to operate and safely shoot your handgun, you have to take time off work to go down to the PD, get fingerprints and fill out an application, just so you can drag your handgun back and forth to the range, whether you are interested in carrying the firearm or not.

This is stupid! Not even the People's Republic of Illinois has this rule. Hope the legislation passes to fix this. We SHOULD have constitutional carry, hopefully soon.
    you can fill out the paper work online and do your prints through one of the many L1 locations throughout Indiana, then all you need to do is get the paper signed at your local PD. it's really not that big of a deal. i do totally agree that we should have constitutional carry, but we don't, so i guess you'll just have to deal with it like the rest of us.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    you can fill out the paper work online and do your prints through one of the many L1 locations throughout Indiana, then all you need to do is get the paper signed at your local PD. it's really not that big of a deal. i do totally agree that we should have constitutional carry, but we don't, so i guess you'll just have to deal with it like the rest of us.

Everyone has constitutional carry unless they get caught doing so.:D

And it is that big of a deal to some people.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    i wonder, if 12 millions citizens a year decided to carry, and the only paper work they carried with them was a copy of the constitution, do you think the fed would start ignoring it like they do with illegal immigrants?

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    This is a tax, nothing more or less.

The money goes to help train ISP etc in firearms. (That may have changed, of course).

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    If I'm not mistaken, it is legal for you to transport a handgun to the range as long as it is in a locked container away from ammunition somewhere like the back of the vehicle where it is not accessible. This is only for purpose of taking to the range, shop, or gunsmith.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    If I'm not mistaken, it is legal for you to transport a handgun to the range as long as it is in a locked container away from ammunition somewhere like the back of the vehicle where it is not accessible. This is only for purpose of taking to the range, shop, or gunsmith.

It is now... wasn't when this tread started 4 years ago.

Top Bottom