• ...and so much more!
  • Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    <snip>we own their A**es. the govt belongs to the people.<snip>

You see, here is where you are confused. We like to think we own their a**es. But in reality, both the police and the military take their orders from our elected officials. And our taxes have paid for the heavy hardware that they have at their disposal. The legislature passes unconstitutional laws (lisencing of God-given, or natural, rights), the judicial branch backs them up (fails to strike down unconstitutional laws), and the police enforce those laws. In reality, they own us. This is how governments work.
    Look at the writings of our Founding Fathers. They refer to government as force, and make no mistake, force is what it is. George Washington compared government to fire: A useful servant , but a dangerous master.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You see, here is where you are confused. We like to think we own their a**es. But in reality, both the police and the military take their orders from our elected officials. And our taxes have paid for the heavy hardware that they have at their disposal. The legislature passes unconstitutional laws (lisencing of God-given, or natural, rights), the judicial branch backs them up (fails to strike down unconstitutional laws), and the police enforce those laws. In reality, they own us. This is how governments work.
    Look at the writings of our Founding Fathers. They refer to government as force, and make no mistake, force is what it is. George Washington compared government to fire: A useful servant , but a dangerous master.

wish i had some rep cause id give it to you for nailing it on the head. thankfully the founding fathers made it possible for us to reform a new government if needed.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    wish i had some rep cause id give it to you for nailing it on the head. thankfully the founding fathers made it possible for us to reform a new government if needed.

Got him for you. Thing is, though, we DO "own" them, but we as a group need to exercise the rights of ownership. Jim Tomes recently wrote about this in saying that we already have the "term limits" everyone screams for. We need to enforce them by voting those out who do not do the jobs we hire them to do.

Our Founders had two options: Live as subjects/slaves or die as traitors.

They bled to give us a third option: The vote.

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." -- John Adams

Blessings,
    Bill

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It's always been like that...nothing new. Just go get your LTCH and you'll never need to worry anymore. As much as it is a pain...the state is a "shall issue" state...much better than many others.

If they'd speed up the process. As it stands, they often are not returning the LTCH within the time frame required by law :(

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Also think they need to get rid of the poll tax they currently require to exercise a Constitutional right.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Got him for you. Thing is, though, we DO "own" them, but we as a group need to exercise the rights of ownership. Jim Tomes recently wrote about this in saying that we already have the "term limits" everyone screams for. We need to enforce them by voting those out who do not do the jobs we hire them to do.

Our Founders had two options: Live as subjects/slaves or die as traitors.

They bled to give us a third option: The vote.

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." -- John Adams

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill, you bring a tear to my eye with some of your post.

i just cant figure how we will ever be able to get the majority of americans to do the right thing and vote the scum out. I mean look at clinton and all the BS he did, and a lot of americans still think hes an honorable guy, and a lot women would still leave their husbands for him. WTF??? these politicians can basicly commit murder and get re-elected. I think the only way to get them voted out is to proposition them in the bathroom stalls at airports and entrap them. :D

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    you don't need a permit to own the gun.
    once you have a pe mit you can carry how ever you want.
    the state will issue you the permit unless you fall in a specific group of exclutions..

it is probably one of the best systems in the country.

No. Vermont has the best. 18 years old, no license, no permits. Open, concealed carry... They actually recognize your RIGHT to keep AND bear arms.

We need to repeal the rest of our Jim Crow laws, including the B.S. LTCH.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    Indiana is one of the few states that have it ALMOST right....buy a firearm, ammo, legal to take it home, un-loaded, now, this is where it gets 'tarded ....can't transport it to ANY where that it can be shot....now, , apply for a permit, a permit that can take up to 3 months or more to arrive....in that mean-time, you cannot legally transport it to the range without breaking a law....there are other restrictions, you MAY transport it to a gun-smith for work, then, back home, again, un-loaded, of course....

Gonna be a rough ride, now, hang on....

I shall write about a Right that, according to our very own Constitution, needs not even be restricted or for that matter, infringed, is a " no-brainer"...

"We hold theses Truths to be Self-evident," ( meaning, that these Truths are a no-brainer, in other words, we shouldn't even have to write these Truths down , because we already HAVE these Truths...)

The Constitution cannot "give" anything that we already posses....we as humans owned these Rights before there was a government, before there was a civilization, the Right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness...

We the People write these Rights, so other men can read these written Rights, wrongly writing down the Rights , that we write because of another of the Rights we posses, Freedom of Speach, I write about a Right written in black and white, a Right rightly written , even though my Right to write it is "Self Evident".....

James Madison penned these Rights as a plecebo to the states that had not endorsed , ratified the Constitution , to placate the states that wanted their own Rights underlined....at the time , no one cared, after all was said and done, these Rights hadn't exposed or given anything that the Original Constitution hadn't already covered.

Now I need a permit , on a piece of crappy red paper, not very "official" looking at all, that says I may carry a loaded weapon , a possibly DEADLY loaded weapon, or weaponS , but not a knife of a certain length....lol...

Oh, man.

Ime ouT, I've given myself a herniating head-ache....;)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    you don't need a permit to own the gun.
    once you have a pe mit you can carry how ever you want.
    the state will issue you the permit unless you fall in a specific group of exclutions..

it is probably one of the best systems in the country.

!!!!Incorrect!!!!
    The best system is what Vermont has where NO PERMIT/PAPERWORK is required period! You can OC/CC so long as you can buy the firearm. This is the way it was at the beginning when our nation was born and the way it was for many of the states before this "mindset" of needed to "pay" to exercise our rights was instilled in so many. :faint:

---EDIT---
    Prometheus beat me to it. I only read the first couple of post and then posted. But looks like he and I are on the same "wave lenght" so to speak.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    A few months from now the Supreme Court will incorporate the 2nd Amendment to the states and these laws will become unenforceable.

I do not think the Supreme Court will eliminate restrictions. They did not in Heller. They will simply cause "shall issue," such as we have in Indiana, to become the law of the land.

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You know complaining incessantly day in and day out about bad laws may give us a moment of satisfaction, but it will never change those bad laws. Indiana State Laws are developed by our state legislature. That state legislature can also repeal those bad laws. Until we elect a legislature ingrained in the Constitutional Law and are there to uphold out State Constitution as well as the United States Constitution we will always be saddled with all of the bad laws that literally are against both. Get politically active. Bombard the polls on election day and elect Pro Constitutional candidates. After they are elected it's not over. We will have to hold their feet to the fire to hold true to the oath they take upon entering that office. :patriot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Please be more precise. Generally, nobody needs a permit
    just to go to a range.

Thanks

Mark
    Yes, you do.

See the epic thread on here with the information from the Governor's office to one of our very own members stating officially and exactly that one must have an license to transport to a range.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Please be more precise. Generally, nobody needs a permit
    just to go to a range.

Thanks

Mark

Yes. You do. Any range that tells you different is more interested in taking your money than keeping you abreast of the law. I witnessed a local indoor range tell someone over the phone a couple weeks ago "No, Ma'am, you do not need a permit to bring your gun here and shoot on our range" and I about blew my top. Well. i did. later. but not about that.

Top Bottom