• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Indeed, Clay, the conversation took a detour. Whomever gets us to smaller government. Pence seems like a reasonable choice in that regard.

And now back to our regularly scheduled flamethrowing.....

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Shoot, have a face to face conversation with me sometime. I'll have us out on so many tangents you won't know what day it is. (See what I did here?) :D

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Here is Pence at a glance for those of you still following the OP. (All 2 of you....:dunno:)

Click here=======> Mike Pence on the Issues

Snip

• Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
    • Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
    • Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)
    • National cross-state standard for concealed carry. (Jan 2009)
    • Teach kids Eddie Eagle GunSafe's lifesaving message. (May 2010)
    • Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    So if a gay guy beats up a straight guy, its a hate crime right? Or does it only work in reverse? :dunno:

Thats why you treat crime as a crime. You start labeling things and you start tangling the already twisted web. A spade is a spade. If the Psychiatrists want to pick apart why Strait guy beat up gay guy, fine but thats where it ends.

I am not anti-gay, I have a few friends, I am just pointing this out!

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    You couldn't be more wrong. It's the cause of the battery. You have never been "gay bashed" it truly happens all the time. It wasn't about stopping battery because the punishment is nil and allows the mindset of violence to continue, and it's a cultural issue that allows this to occur. Calling it a hate crime brings more eduction, tougher penalties, and lets it be known that it's not ok to hate. Since hate crime legislation those types of attacks have been on the decline. Nobody goes about saying "commit battery its good" some do advocate battery against certain classes of people. Im all for it.

Thanks,
    Matthew

What a load of :poop:

You want to replace the religious police with the thought police. You want to take ownership of someone else's thoughts, morals and values. You want the law to require acceptance of a lifestyle other find abhorent and sick. You want a law to protect a class at the exclusion of all others.

Hate crime laws are unnecessary and inflamatory. It doesn't matter if someone is killed because they are black, white, democrat, republican, gay, straight, in the wrong place at the wrong time, ... It only matters that the crime of murder was committed and that the perpetrator be caught and punished. Why a crime was committed is a sentencing phase issue and has no place in determining guilt, other than maybe establishing motive.

Libtards make me sick.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not to get too far off track, but I'm excited that Pence is running for governor. Yes, I know he is not the perfect candidate, but I think he may be the best candidate to keep improving Indiana's fiscal discipline, and hopefully make Indiana a more attractive state for companies and corporations to do business in. I'm all for lower taxes and more jobs! :yesway:

OK, back to the hate crimes topic.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So if a gay guy beats up a straight guy, its a hate crime right? Or does it only work in reverse? :dunno:

Thats why you treat crime as a crime. You start labeling things and you start tangling the already twisted web. A spade is a spade. If the Psychiatrists want to pick apart why Strait guy beat up gay guy, fine but thats where it ends.

I am not anti-gay, I have a few friends, I am just pointing this out!

I already answered that question. Sexual identity is protected. You are protected UNDER THE LAW if someone attacks you for being straight. I knew I would get negative reps for this, and I knew I would get attacked for this. But I am not on here to get popular but to voice different ideas. I am a gay republican so obviously some of my views will stray differently than many of you. Had I not seen the benefits of the law in action, and not been directly affected by them in some of the work I do I might agree with what you have to say. I stick by my stance that someday I look forward to the laws going away. For now.. I am glad that the United States is making a stance against hate crimes to teach people who would like to commit them that there is an imperative that they stop.

Thanks,
    Matthew

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What a load of :poop:

You want to replace the religious police with the thought police. You want to take ownership of someone else's thoughts, morals and values. You want the law to require acceptance of a lifestyle other find abhorent and sick. You want a law to protect a class at the exclusion of all others.

Hate crime laws are unnecessary and inflamatory. It doesn't matter if someone is killed because they are black, white, democrat, republican, gay, straight, in the wrong place at the wrong time, ... It only matters that the crime of murder was committed and that the perpetrator be caught and punished. Why a crime was committed is a sentencing phase issue and has no place in determining guilt, other than maybe establishing motive.

Libtards make me sick.

Take some tums if you are sick. Im not a libtard, this may be one area where I am more liberal than most. One idea does not make someone as a whole anything. Im sorry you are incapable of understanding that. That being said if Mike Pence said GET RID OF THE LAW. I would be ok with that, it's a valid notion. Saying basically it already includes the rational/important ones, that was insulting. How do idea police come into place? I don't care how you think at all, I care about your actions, if there is a rash of incidents it needs to be made an example of. Sorry we disagree and I made you sick. Maybe Malox instead of tums?

Thanks,
    Matthew

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    LOLZ Awatarius revenge Neg-repped me while calling me mindless...I guess everyone is just evil if they don't agree with his bigoted views.

I'm no better than any of you. I emphasize ANY....We are all EQUAL!!! I don't expect to get preferential treatment through profit or punishment. Battery is battery, murder is murder....Intimidation is in fact, intimidation....

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    LOLZ Awatarius revenge Neg-repped me while calling me mindless...I guess everyone is just evil if they don't agree with his bigoted views.

I'm no better than any of you. I emphasize ANY....We are all EQUAL!!! I don't expect to get preferential treatment through profit or punishment. Battery is battery, murder is murder....Intimidation is in fact, intimidation....

Um tell the whole story?

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    You couldn't be more wrong. It's the cause of the battery. You have never been "gay bashed" it truly happens all the time. It wasn't about stopping battery because the punishment is nil and allows the mindset of violence to continue, and it's a cultural issue that allows this to occur. Calling it a hate crime brings more eduction, tougher penalties, and lets it be known that it's not ok to hate. Since hate crime legislation those types of attacks have been on the decline. Nobody goes about saying "commit battery its good" some do advocate battery against certain classes of people. Im all for it.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Whenever you pass hate crime legislation the effect is to seperate one group or groups as different and "special".. Gay bashing is no different from Christian bashing expect one is a crime the other a joke. Then of course you have the problem of selective enforcement as pointed out by someone in an earlier post. Who gets to decide what is a hate crime and what is protected action under the 1st Amendment???

Crime is crime and punishment should be punishment regardless of who does the crime and who is the victim..

Go Pence

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Whenever you pass hate crime legislation the effect is to seperate one group or groups as different and "special".. Gay bashing is no different from Christian bashing expect one is a crime the other a joke. Then of course you have the problem of selective enforcement as pointed out by someone in an earlier post. Who gets to decide what is a hate crime and what is protected action under the 1st Amendment???

Crime is crime and punishment should be punishment regardless of who does the crime and who is the victim..

Go Pence

'Gay-bashing' (if I understand it to be insulting or making fun of) is no more a crime under law than 'Christian bashing' or 'race bashing'. As ignorant as doing so is, it is protected speech under the 1st amendment. So no one is more protected than others as far as the 1st amendment is concerned. The crime is when one physically assaults someone else.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    'Gay-bashing' (if I understand it to be insulting or making fun of) is no more a crime under law than 'Christian bashing' or 'race bashing'. As ignorant as doing so is, it is protected speech under the 1st amendment. So no one is more protected than others as far as the 1st amendment is concerned. The crime is when one physically assaults someone else.

Gay bashing is when you drive up in your pickup truck. Jump out of the back and beat someone down with baseball bats while calling them a ******. That is gay bashing. In parts of the south it is considered sport. It almost happened to me a few years ago, but I am a former minor league football player.. that size and a weapon changed minds. For the poor liberal gays that won't arm themselves it's not as pleasant.

Thanks,
    Matthew

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    In parts of the south it is considered sport. It almost happened to me a few years ago, but I am a former minor league football player..

d7613201ed7d.gif

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Take some tums if you are sick. Im not a libtard, this may be one area where I am more liberal than most. One idea does not make someone as a whole anything. Im sorry you are incapable of understanding that. That being said if Mike Pence said GET RID OF THE LAW. I would be ok with that, it's a valid notion. Saying basically it already includes the rational/important ones, that was insulting. How do idea police come into place? I don't care how you think at all, I care about your actions, if there is a rash of incidents it needs to be made an example of. Sorry we disagree and I made you sick. Maybe Malox instead of tums?

Thanks,
    Matthew

You want to control people's thoughts. You want to strike down the First Amendment right to freedom of association. You want people to think one way - your way. You want laws in place to "educate" the public. You want to provide a special class based upon your behavior. You want to enhance crimes committed that involve one class to the exclusion of all others. That make you a libtard.

Top Bottom