• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, you were the one who misunderstood the ongoing convo. See the earlier post where I comment within your quote that Pence's estimated net worth for 2023 is $4 million and brand your post non sequitur

About those people that can't admit they're wrong, you ever see any in that shiny window over the bathroom sink?
    Apparently I conflated this with the conversation in the other thread.

Anyway, to an earier point, if Pence is acting as a shill to shave off points from Trump, his handlers are incredibly stupid. Pence plays in the CoC/neocon space. He will get close to zero votes that would have gone to Trump if he’s not in the race. I still think he’s the Boy Scout saving Republicans from themselves. And Tucker got him to admit he isn’t concerned with what troubles a majority of Republican voters.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pence is just out of touch. He could not have signaled that point any clearer than if he'd have just answered the question straight up with, "Hey, look Tucker, I'm an idiot and completely out of touch with people who typically listen to you. So let me just say what a chamber-o-commerce establishment neocon RINO, who cares more about establishment elites think than the people trying to make their lives..."

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    In discussing his tenure at CNN, Carlson recalled that Mike Pence was one of the most frequent guests booked on his program. Pence, who was a young, ambitious congressman at the time, was “creepy as hell” even then, Carlson says.

“I’ve been around him a lot, and always felt that he was a totally sinister figure, craven and dishonest,” he tells author Chadwick Moore. “Everything about Pence is false.”

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I listened to every interview but Asa Hutchinson so I will not opine on his interview.

Mike Pence is tone deaf and pretentious. He speaks like he has Divine Right and is carrying on the torch of Reagan like it's 1988. I understand there is a segment of Evangelicals that like him but the electorate has shifted towards populism. I do not think Pence is fake, I think he truly believes what he is saying, but he comes off fake because he is a yes man, a man of the party and, in 2024, the party and the people have never been further apart. The last two minutes of his interview were absolutely painful. As much as I do not care for Pence, he would be strong a Secretary of State, not in a Trump Administration, because he never strays from the script and keeps a poker face.

I found Tim Scott disappointing. He has, after Vivek Ramaswamy, the greatest story to tell. However, he tries to go TV preacher and falls short trying to over impress with style and charism while under impressing dodging questions. He and Pence are vying for the same bloc of voters, but he comes off as more genuine than Pence.

There were no surprises with Nikki Haley. She is articulate and a policy wonk. I thought she did well at the UN, I just do not think she is presidential material. She is running to fill her coffers and elevate her status for a high-level cabinet position, most likely Secretary of State due to her time at the UN. She is pitching foreign policy like it's the 90s, and the base doesn't want 90s foreign policy. I do not dislike Nikki Haley, but I believe she would cave into the Establishment just like she did with the state flag in SC. She is not my cup of tea.

Vivek Ramaswamy has the best story to tell and is the most intriguing candidate in the GOP field to me because I like what he says and has no track record. I vaguely remember parts of an interview here or there but did not really know much about him until he declared. I like having a young entrepreneurial-minded candidate, so many candidates that check similar boxes are progressives. His bread and butter is anti-woke, anti-ESG, I would like to know how much value he places on the Second Amendment. I hope this is not a flash in the pan. I could be wrong; he does not strike me as the type of guy seeking to elevate his status within the party. He appears to be an Oval Office or nothing candidate. The conservative movement needs someone that has Ramaswamy's abilities.

DeSantis is solid and reliable. There are no surprises from him. If this was baseball, he would bat third - the most consistent hitter on the team. My biggest disagreement with DeSantis is that I wish he would have waited until 2028. I don't need him to prove to me that he is a fighter, I have seen plenty in his time in Congress and as Governor. Nobody gets out of a primary with Trump without getting bludgeoned.

This candidate class looks so deep. And it is better than anything the Democrats have to offer, but there are three candidates that resonate with me, the other candidates resonate with the party. The party does not resonate with the people. At all.

To my chagrin, I am let down with candidates pushing same day voting. It seems childish, at this point. I have been converted; I'd rather win than be right on this one. Election season is not going anywhere and if Republicans do not embrace it there will be no republic left to maintain. Democrats focus on ballots, and they know it. Republicans focus on candidates, issues and campaign platforms.

@INPatriot

Thank you. I have not had the chance to sit through those interviews, but I am pretty much in the same place, though my opinion of Pence is probably lower than your's.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I love his ending remarks claiming it’s an uphill climb and he couldn’t understand. That’s why he didn’t stand a snowballs hells in chance to start with. Maybe he should have asked the 1 in 350 million voters what his chances were instead of what the 535 presidents in waiting thought.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Sad thing you got FOX promoting him. They don’t get it either but they got him every chance to make some kind of comment. Kinda like how they pushed Jeb. The media and most if not all these contenders have never even talked to the regular American. They don’t have any of them in their circle of friends. Kinda like how Biden stops at a factory then tells them he doesn’t work for them. They don’t have a clue because they’re sheltered from real people. We all been Penced by them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sad thing you got FOX promoting him. They don’t get it either but they got him every chance to make some kind of comment. Kinda like how they pushed Jeb. The media and most if not all these contenders have never even talked to the regular American. They don’t have any of them in their circle of friends. Kinda like how Biden stops at a factory then tells them he doesn’t work for them. They don’t have a clue because they’re sheltered from real people. We all been Penced by them.
    I don’t think it’s that they don’t get it. The internet has changed things. Social media has changed things. People have so many other alternatives to them. FNC isn’t any different from the other networks. They have been the primary influencers on the right. They’re losing that distinction and Pence is reliably traditional. Why not push him?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sadly once upon a time Pence was a good guy whom I helped get elected in his first house campaign. The swamp used its magic to put him in a seat in the DC hot tub…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not sure he was ever who he pretended to be. Seems nearly all of them that go to DC become seduced/corrupted with (by appearances) very few exceptions.
    Very few exceptions, That Trump went did all he could for conservatives and was not co-opted is amazing.

If I remember correctly, there is more wealth/money in Fairfax Co than anywhere else in the nation.
    This is true. I used to be the financial centers in NY and LA, but now it is the seat of power…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Not sure he was ever who he pretended to be. Seems nearly all of them that go to DC become seduced/corrupted with (by appearances) very few exceptions.

If I remember correctly, there is more wealth/money in Fairfax Co than anywhere else in the nation.
    Next one over, Loudoun County, Va then one crosses the Potomac to Montgomery Co, Md then to the Richest black County.
    Prince Georgia's Co, Md.

Top Bottom