• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you eat peanut butter sandwiches with your chili?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    This reminds me of cheese on apple pie and peanut butter on bacon cheese burgers. I do both on special occasions. All I can think about is that scene in Thank You for Smoking

Polly - "Thats disgusting"
    Bobby - "Its american."

applepiencheese.jpg

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    +1 for PB Sandwiches. We do peanut butter and honey at my house. Just the right amount of sweet to kill the heat!

Wow and I am a poet too folks!

Nevernoluck2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Peru
    This reminds me of cheese on apple pie and peanut butter on bacon cheese burgers. I do both on special occasions. All I can think about is that scene in Thank You for Smoking

Polly - "Thats disgusting"
    Bobby - "Its american."

applepiencheese.jpg

peanut butter and jalapeños on that bacon cheeseburger

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have never heard of having peanut butter with chili. I do have grilled cheese with tomato soup.

Next time we have chili I'll have to try it.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    chili mac? That's a staple in the Navy. sometimes it's not very good but throw in some texas pete and it's amazing

I know what you mean here GMtoblat and wasn't it weird that the next day that they served this chili mac, they would oddly have a soup with the exact same ingredients in it as the chili mac but in a soup form with a beef broth. My favorite in the Nay was the corned beef.
    Back on topic, in Asia we use peanuts and even peanut butter in our cooking. In the Philippines, we have a stew that is cooked in a peanut butter base called Kare Kare. Some find it odd using peanuts/peanut butter in cooking, but in Asian cooking it is very common.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Peanut Butter & Blackberry Jelly is great with everything. Period. Beer, Chili, eggs & bacon, Bacon and everything else God has given us to eat.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    I have always had peanut butter sandwiches as a side item with chili. It was always served that way in school, and my parents served it that way at home as well.

I've recently discovered some people apparently find this practice very strange (my wife included).

I am so glad I am not the only person. My wife give me strange looks every time I make Chili.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Never had a peanut butter sammich with chili, but pb on crackers, absolutely.

If you want a treat, try pb on leftover meatloaf sammiches. :drool:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Never heard of peanut butter and chili. Must be a regional thing, or your school cafeteria was run by Indonesians. Fatty foods go well with spice. One of my favorite things is a peanut butter based Indonesian dip with red chili powder, much garlic, sugar, soy sauce and star anise. 'Sambal Kacang.' It's very intense (spicy, garlicky) and addictive. Great with veggies, especially mild red peppers. I've made it fresh, but it takes some time.
    Way back in the mists of time when I roamed the earth as a single digit (not fingers) child, it was Friday and cheese sam'mich was served with tomato soup @ school.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom