• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you eat peanut butter sandwiches with your chili?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    This must be a Yankee thing. When I was a kid in the South and we had chili with a sandwich, it was always a grilled cheese. That combo is great. While I like PB & J I don't think it would be my sandwich of choice with a bowl of red. I'll stick to the grilled cheese.

Just peanut butter, NO jelly.

and the grilled cheese goes with your tomato soup. ;)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    This must be a Yankee thing. When I was a kid in the South and we had chili with a sandwich, it was always a grilled cheese. That combo is great. While I like PB & J I don't think it would be my sandwich of choice with a bowl of red. I'll stick to the grilled cheese.

No no, not PB&J. Just PB.

For the record grilled cheese is also awesome with about any bowl of hot steamy goodness. Be it Chili, canned tomato soup or homemade vegetable Beef stew. Damn tasty.

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    Wife's family does that. I think its strange. Although they do peanut butter AND butter.

Then I get weird looks when I mention my family sometimes served the chili over elbow or spaghetti noodles. :dunno:

chili mac? That's a staple in the Navy. sometimes it's not very good but throw in some texas pete and it's amazing

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I've never had it, but you can't go wrong with peanut butter. I'll give it a try in the fall.

Same here. Never even heard of it, but willing to try it. As a kid I always liked to make grilled peanut butter sandwiches. Just like grilled cheese, just peanut butter. But on the REALLY strange side, my father-in-law likes peanut butter and bananas with mayonnaise sandwiches. Blech!!!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Also, in my family, a grilled cheese sammich is simply referred to as a cheese toastie. If you mention a grilled cheese sammich people look at you like you're an alien or something.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    There is nothing a peanut butter sandwich doesn't go with. Nothing.

Peanut butter is like pizza....it's not food, it's a way of life.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I usually make folded PB sandwiches from 1 slice of bread. Usually 2 or 3 of them. I put them in my bowl on top of the chili. I like to "cut" bites from the sandwich with my spoon and scoop the chili at the same time. De-lish!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    New thought: Cook your chili with a big dollop of peanut butter! Let it simmer down / cook for a few hours while the chili simmers.

We always had the PB sandwich with the chili for school lunches, but I've never done it on my own outside of school.

My chili gets stuffed with crushed crackers and loaded with cheese. Thick enough to eat it with a fork!

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Peanut butter - and honey - on white bread - fresh white bread - and chili - yep - a tradition.

Wholly agree that PB&H is a fantastic snack!

Don't even have to spread it on a sandwich, either. Mix a bit up in a bowl and eat it. PB & Karo syrup, too. Or PB & pancake syrup... Butter & honey sandwiches are tasty, too.

Wait, what's this thread about?

Top Bottom