• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you be at the 2A rally on February 8th?

• Total voters

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    Dont know why in the world its on a Fri.! I wanted to bring all six of my kids and wife because I think families need to represent. Seems like some people have different agendas though.
    Im getting a littlebfed up also with gun owners woorying so much about appearance and if someone gets angry in an interview and stuff. Seems to me that anger is what is needed here. Peoplevare getting killed in gun free zones and somebody put those laws in place. I think we need to go on the offensive and quit begging for permission to protect ourselves and acting scsredvto desth of what might be taken from us instead of letting whomever know it will not happen. Media asks me anything and I will tell it exactly like I see it.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Thanks to some puke robbing one of my branches last week I now have to work Fridays, including tomorrow which I had requested off weeks ago. I am so mad my **** boils. Errrrrr!

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Dont know why in the world its on a Fri.! I wanted to bring all six of my kids and wife because I think families need to represent. Seems like some people have different agendas though.
    Im getting a littlebfed up also with gun owners woorying so much about appearance and if someone gets angry in an interview and stuff. Seems to me that anger is what is needed here. Peoplevare getting killed in gun free zones and somebody put those laws in place. I think we need to go on the offensive and quit begging for permission to protect ourselves and acting scsredvto desth of what might be taken from us instead of letting whomever know it will not happen. Media asks me anything and I will tell it exactly like I see it.

:yesway: +1

Although being on a Friday makes sense. Saturdays and Sundays the Capitol is pretty empty. On a Friday legislators will be present.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel

It's on a Friday because that's when the State Legislature is present in the building. What good would it do for us to show up on a Saturday when no one is there? :dunno:

If you're feeling fed up with being told to act in a manner that presents our cause in a way that doesn't alienate people, you NEED to watch this video: [ame]http://youtu.be/r7dmeOPh8aU[/ame]

If that doesn't change your mind, I don't know what will.

If the media talks to you, I think you SHOULD tell them exactly like you see it.
    DO show your anger. But stick to the message. Don't bring other issues up. We need our message to reach as many people as possible, and if you start talking other issues you're going to alienate half the audience.

This issue is about the 2nd Amendment. It is not about Obama, or God, or religion, or abortions, or gay marriage, or anything else. As soon as you bring those other things up you are turning some people off. We need everyone we can get on our side.

Like he says in the video, I don't care what religion the 2nd baseman is, I just care that he can catch the ball and help my team win the game.
    And the "game" we're playing here is about the 2nd Amendment. That is all.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel
    Cannot remember if I have posted in here...but I am going ans hubby will be there if he gets over his cold...I am using my same sign I used last time.

Obama protects my right to kill my unborn baby but not my right to protect my children....look for me and say Hi!

What does abortion have to do with the 2nd Amendment? :dunno:
    This is NOT a pro-life rally.
    Believe it or not, there are some gun owners that are pro choice.

Of course, you're free to say whatever you want with your sign, but ask your self this: Will my sign bring more people to rally around the 2nd Amendment? Or am I alienating people who don't feel the way I do about certain things that have nothing to do with 2nd Amendment rights?

We need as many people to show up and be part of our cause as possible, and that means presenting a unified front. And sometimes that means sticking to the message and not clouding it with other issues.

I hope you and your family show up, regardless of what you choose to write on your sign. :)

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Where is everyone planning to park?
    I was considering the parking garage @ West and Maryland, but wanted to see if there was a "planned" spot.

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    And btw, half you dudes telling everyone what to do, how to dress, what to say, what gun to carry, how to act and how important it all was were too busy at the gun show or shot show last time around so maybe back off on your preaching to others that are trying to do whats right.

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012

Of course, you're free to say whatever you want with your sign, but ask your self this: Will my sign bring more people to rally around the 2nd Amendment? Or am I alienating people who don't feel the way I do about certain things that have nothing to do with 2nd Amendment rights?

We need as many people to show up and be part of our cause as possible, and that means presenting a unified front. And sometimes that means sticking to the message and not clouding it with other issues.

I hope you and your family show up, regardless of what you choose to write on your sign. :)

If you dont get her message your the one that needs to do some rethinking. If the government is willing to murder children what makes you think they give a crap about 2A.
    And I dont need to watch your video if its more scarred nonsense.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think "keep it about the Second Amendment" is a fully appropriate thing to suggest and the best plan. I also think that presenting our best face is a good idea, but beyond that, I'd leave it to the participants to, hopefully, exercise good judgment.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    "Yes, I will be there." has increased by ~30 people in the last week.

Kudos INGO!

:ingo:

LGDawg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indy
    The important thing is we have strength in numbers. I hope everyone shows up and we can just stick to the motto:

You do your thing...I'll do mine.

If I don't agree with your sign, dress, or whatever, I can hold my tongue for 2 hours and thank you for showing up for something we both believe in. I hope you will have the same respect for me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

I carried this same sign last rally I was asked over hundred times for people to take a picture of it and received 100's of great commits on it and thumbs up.

And my sign really has nothing to do with abortion...it is the fact that all these liberals are crying about the poor little kids...yet they kill millions a year with out a tear. I believe that an administration who supports my right to kill my baby should allow me the right to protect my children. Since women only vote with their woman parts, I voted with my main woman part my heart.

Top Bottom