PART 3: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience, and what is all this crap about pineapple on pizza.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I originally concepted them without any female parts, but you can thank my cousin convincing me to change that back in high school.

The Zuroks are the more "human" like creatures I've concepted. Even though I like Star Trek and Mass Effect, I try to stay away from the Star Trek-esque practice of making aliens "humans with green skin" or something. At the same time, I want the audience to connect with the characters. It's an art and a science, and takes special care to not fall into the Uncanny Valley. There's also the difference between Hard Science Fiction vs. Science Fantasy. The characters from the franchises I mentioned definitely fall into the latter.

I checked out of all this stuff when "Heavy Metal" stopped publishing.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The pineapple is not for me!

At one point I think I paid some money to INGO at an Indy 1500 that might have exempted me from the 50 post rule, at least however many years ago. I suspect anything like that has changed. I am thinking I'll make the Indy 1500 that's coming up in a week or so, I haven't been to the State Fairgrounds in a while and I believe they've done quite a bit of construction.

I think in part it's fear the Kamala is gonna get elected and I should probably pick up a few things before then, and partly that I just rewatched West World and again find myself looking for a true dichotomy of weapons: a cowboy action gun, and a PS90. ;)

I think my CO-AR15 account is older than this one... ;)
    Well, there hasn't been an INGO booth at the 1500 since March 2018 IIRC. I would take leave and work the Fridays with Churchmouse. I do remember him transacting business for supporter status occasionally. That was long before I came on staff.

Looking at the date, tomorrow marks 2 years since we lost Churchmouse.

Thinking about the 1500? Click the link below.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey now, just because every part of my body wants to shut down doesn’t mean I can’t still hit a quarter at 400 yards with irons.

I’ll just be dieing inside of back pain while doing it.

((40 posts, am I making you proud @mom45))
    AI calling you out.

• A standard quarter measures 0.955 inches (24.26 mm) in diameter.
    • At 400 yards (approximately 365.76 meters or 1207.76 feet), one yard (0.9144 meters or 3 feet) would appear roughly 0.14 inches (3.56 mm) tall on the horizon.
    • Using this scale, the quarter’s diameter would appear around 0.0067 inches (0.17 mm) tall, which is roughly the width of a human hair.
    In summary, from 400 yards, a quarter would appear as a tiny, almost imperceptible dot, barely distinguishable from the surrounding environment. Its actual size would be lost in the vastness of the distance.

Me....You SURE you can hit a quarter at 400 yards with iron sights? Cause I do not believe you.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    AI calling you out.

• A standard quarter measures 0.955 inches (24.26 mm) in diameter.
    • At 400 yards (approximately 365.76 meters or 1207.76 feet), one yard (0.9144 meters or 3 feet) would appear roughly 0.14 inches (3.56 mm) tall on the horizon.
    • Using this scale, the quarter’s diameter would appear around 0.0067 inches (0.17 mm) tall, which is roughly the width of a human hair.
    In summary, from 400 yards, a quarter would appear as a tiny, almost imperceptible dot, barely distinguishable from the surrounding environment. Its actual size would be lost in the vastness of the distance.

Me....You SURE you can hit a quarter at 400 yards with iron sights? Cause I do not believe you.

I mean, if you give me enough ammo I could probably do it accidentally…

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My avatar is a female Zebadexian named All'urra. You could also call her a Zurok, though that is considered a derogatory name for them.

Though in reality, she is a 3D character for an game/animation I concepted, sculpted, and rigged. I love that you noticed her as you have been the first to ask about her.
    I tried to look that up, and this was the only page in the entire internet that appears.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Thanks. I didn't realize they were that old, or I guess I didn't realize how much classic fantasy and science fiction had moved into public domain. Damn, I am getting old
    I originally read the Edger Rice Burroughs Tarzan and Mars books by downloading them from the Gutenberg Project on my Palm III back in the late 90s.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I originally read the Edger Rice Burroughs Tarzan and Mars books by downloading them from the Gutenberg Project on my Palm III back in the late 90s.
    I loved the Mars books too. I never read the Tarzan books.

I've been rereading a lot of books I read when I was younger lately. I may have to add those to my list.

Top Bottom