PART 3: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience, and what is all this crap about pineapple on pizza.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    My avatar is a female Zebadexian named All'urra. You could also call her a Zurok, though that is considered a derogatory name for them.

Though in reality, she is a 3D character for an game/animation I concepted, sculpted, and rigged. I love that you noticed her as you have been the first to ask about her.

Dude..... I love your contributions to this site.....
    but your chick looks like a vampire ant.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    My avatar is a female Zebadexian named All'urra. You could also call her a Zurok, though that is considered a derogatory name for them.

Though in reality, she is a 3D character for a game/animation I concepted, sculpted, and rigged. I love that you noticed her as you have been the first to ask about her.
    Oh, we’ve noticed her.
    We’ve just all been too afraid to ask.
    “Hey man, cool dog, what kind is it” “that’s my wife” or “the kind that puts a spell on you”

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Dude..... I love your contributions to this site.....
    but your chick looks like a vampire ant.
    If you saw the rest of her, you would better understand why I'm with her. Despite having claws and 5" fangs, she has a delicate touch and soft voice. And every morning at the crack of dawn she catches fresh fish for breakfast at the nearby creek.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    If you saw the rest of her, you would better understand why I'm with her. Despite having claws and 5" fangs, she has a delicate touch and soft voice. And every morning at the crack of dawn she catches fresh fish for breakfast at the nearby creek.
    And here I thought you were gonna tell us she had, like, 6 breasts, or maybe, 2 veejays-jays :naughty:

I think I'm somewhat disappointed...

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    And here I thought you were gonna tell us she had, like, 6 breasts, or maybe, 2 veejays-jays :naughty:

I think I'm somewhat disappointed...
    I originally concepted them without any female parts, but you can thank my cousin convincing me to change that back in high school.

The Zuroks are the more "human" like creatures I've concepted. Even though I like Star Trek and Mass Effect, I try to stay away from the Star Trek-esque practice of making aliens "humans with green skin" or something. At the same time, I want the audience to connect with the characters. It's an art and a science, and takes special care to not fall into the Uncanny Valley. There's also the difference between Hard Science Fiction vs. Science Fantasy. The characters from the franchises I mentioned definitely fall into the latter.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I do plan on doing a full debut of this character in the Break Room at some point, however she is still in R&D. I just figured out how to convert quaternion vectors into Euler space rotation without the effects of gimble lock, and feeding these transforms into a matrix to act similar to a radial based function driver, which is necessary for the shoulders and hips to deform in a realistic way.

The next step would be to figure out how to use rigid body physics to simulate "rag-doll" effects on her armature. This is necessary as it would take me a million years to animate her tail, when the computer can do it in a matter of seconds using simulations.

The clothing issue will also need to be resolved. I draw my characters "organically" first as clothing and the like can be simulated by cloth simulation software, vs. me spending a week sculpting everything out (plus I suck at drawing clothes, let the computer do it). I might just say screw it and buy a model already made and adapt it to her.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I do plan on doing a full debut of this character in the Break Room at some point, however she is still in R&D. I just figured out how to convert quaternion vectors into Euler space rotation without the effects of gimble lock, and feeding these transforms into a matrix to act similar to a radial based function driver, which is necessary for the shoulders and hips to deform in a realistic way.

The next step would be to figure out how to use rigid body physics to simulate "rag-doll" effects on her armature. This is necessary as it would take me a million years to animate her tail, when the computer can do it in a matter of seconds using simulations.

The clothing issue will also need to be resolved. I draw my characters "organically" first as clothing and the like can be simulated by cloth simulation software, vs. me spending a week sculpting everything out (plus I suck at drawing clothes, let the computer do it). I might just say screw it and buy a model already made and adapt it to her.
    1724944860723.png

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I originally concepted them without any female parts, but you can thank my cousin convincing me to change that back in high school.

The Zuroks are the more "human" like creatures I've concepted. Even though I like Star Trek and Mass Effect, I try to stay away from the Star Trek-esque practice of making aliens "humans with green skin" or something. At the same time, I want the audience to connect with the characters. It's an art and a science, and takes special care to not fall into the Uncanny Valley. There's also the difference between Hard Science Fiction vs. Science Fantasy. The characters from the franchises I mentioned definitely fall into the latter.
    Have you ever read E E Smith?

I think you would enjoy his Lensman series.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

And I thought the “4 months and 11 days” thing was a little creepy.

Not really calling you creepy at all, it just does seem strange in my head when I try to imagine what’s going on here.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    And I thought the “4 months and 11 days” thing was a little creepy.

Not really calling you creepy at all, it just does seem strange in my head when I try to imagine what’s going on here.
    I tend to wax on about my characters, especially All'urra. If you spend literally hundreds of hours sculpting, shaping, and engineering a cinema-level character, you grow an attachment to your character. Don't get me wrong, she is a pure figment of my imagination. The fascination I have for her is simply an artist admiring his own creation. Sometimes I do make it sound like she is walking and breathing, but that is mainly due to my philosophy when it comes to writing, especially science fiction. For the moments when you write, if you convince yourself the character and universe is real, the result will feel real. Unlike the flat, boring characters we see in movies today.

By the way, that "4 months and 11 days" is pretty creepy. Especially the thread on the Break Room.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I tend to wax on about my characters, especially All'urra. If you spend literally hundreds of hours sculpting, shaping, and engineering a cinema-level character, you grow an attachment to your character. Don't get me wrong, she is a pure figment of my imagination. The fascination I have for her is simply an artist admiring his own creation. Sometimes I do make it sound like she is walking and breathing, but that is mainly due to my philosophy when it comes to writing, especially science fiction. For the moments when you write, if you convince yourself the character and universe is real, the result will feel real. Unlike the flat, boring characters we see in movies today.

By the way, that "4 months and 11 days" is pretty creepy. Especially the thread on the Break Room.
    tenor (3).gif

Top Bottom