PART 3: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience, and what is all this crap about pineapple on pizza.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    meh. Let him extend it out. Can’t expect him to get a witnessed and properly documented shot in a moments notice.

I’m still trying to find out how you see a quarter from 1200 feet with the naked eye . :scratch:

Maybe, but first show his results of the day, as Mr Reapingxranger said he was going to do.

We (or I) won't be strung along on a line of bull:poop:.

Anyone who can actually shoot well is sure to ALREADY have some documentation to authenticate.
    Again, pics targets scoresheets should be simple to produce and post right now.

:twocents:

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK, I'm a bit older than some and I wear trifocals so I can read AND see the front sight on a handgun. Distance vision is still 20/20 uncorrected.

433.5 yards off my patio is a black sedan. The rangefinder that gave me the distance is a monocular 5X20. With X5 magnification I can tell it is a Honda Civic 2006-2011 model.

11 mph NW wind and the Civic is straight north.

M193 would be 23" drop, 14" wind drift by my math.

Driver's side windshield with irons? Yes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I used to be a pretty good shot, I had much better than 20/20 vision.

I could knock down silhouettes. Nothing more, so I can't make any claims.

I have a friend that hand loads for accuracy. He shoots a heavy barrel with a scope. He showed me his test target.

It is a 4" X 2" piece of cardboard, divided into 8 squares. He shoots a 3 round group, in each square at 100 yards. He records, charge, bullet weight, bullet style and any other pertinent info in the same square.

His groups are all under quarter size some nickel size and at least one under dime size.

One of the best shots I know.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I used to be a pretty good shot, I had much better than 20/20 vision.

I could knock down silhouettes. Nothing more, so I can't make any claims.

I have a friend that hand loads for accuracy. He shoots a heavy barrel with a scope. He showed me his test target.

It is a 4" X 2" piece of cardboard, divided into 8 squares. He shoots a 3 round group, in each square at 100 yards. He records, charge, bullet weight, bullet style and any other pertinent info in the same square.

His groups are all under quarter size some nickel size and at least one under dime size.

One of the best shots I know.

INGO has state and world record holder long distance shooters. I'm proud to say I had opportunities to shoot with some of them, as have a lot of other INGOers.

The interesting thing about INGO's world class shooters is that they don't boast much. You kind of have to drag their record out of them.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    There are many fine shots here on INGO, and I have no doubts some of them, maybe including Mr.@Reapingxranger, could get a hit inside a 1" circle at 400 yards, possibly a 3 shot group, if that 1" was the center of an appropriately sized larger target.
    However, the statement "I can hit a quarter at 400yds with iron sights" does not mean putting a coin at the center of a 4 ft diameter target and walking shots into the center.
    It purports to say you can not only see, but hit the coin alone as it sits atop a post, for example.
    If I were making the bet those would be my conditions. If I were feeling particularly peevish, I might even turn the coin 90 degrees so it faced the shooter edge on, now resembling a half a matchstick.
    But I'd give you ten rounds, to be fair.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There are many fine shots here on INGO, and I have no doubts some of them, maybe including Mr.@Reapingxranger, could get a hit inside a 1" circle at 400 yards, possibly a 3 shot group, if that 1" was the center of an appropriately sized larger target.
    However, the statement "I can hit a quarter at 400yds with iron sights" does not mean putting a coin at the center of a 4 ft diameter target and walking shots into the center.
    It purports to say you can not only see, but hit the coin alone as it sits atop a post, for example.
    If I were making the bet those would be my conditions. If I were feeling particularly peevish, I might even turn the coin 90 degrees so it faced the shooter edge on, now resembling a half a matchstick.
    But I'd give you ten rounds, to be fair.
    I thought about inviting him down to my range, but the longest distance is 300 meters, so not quite 400 yds. We have a 60% silhouette down there, so I could bring some spray paint, paint the silhouette silver, and tape the quarter to the "forehead" of the target. ;)

1725232192098.png

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Read post 2362 and 2370. He's shooting at a much larger target.
    I don't know how this is cheating.
    Of course, if he walks it in I can see that being called just another random hit, a broken clock is right twice a day kind of thing. But if he has a witness and video of him hitting it without walking it in (does windage count?) would you consider that ok? The way you make it sound jut the act of taping the quarter to a piece of paper that happens to be a target is cheating.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I don't know how this is cheating.
    Of course, if he walks it in I can see that being called just another random hit, a broken clock is right twice a day kind of thing. But if he has a witness and video of him hitting it without walking it in (does windage count?) would you consider that ok? The way you make it sound jut the act of taping the quarter to a piece of paper that happens to be a target is cheating.

his first statement was "Hey now, just because every part of my body wants to shut down doesn’t mean I can’t still hit a quarter at 400 yards with irons."

to me(and smokingman) it sounded like he could hit a quarter by itself. :dunno:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    his first statement was "Hey now, just because every part of my body wants to shut down doesn’t mean I can’t still hit a quarter at 400 yards with irons."

:dunno:

ditto.
    IMO if he can go out on a calm day and do it in one shot i'd totally give it to him, taped to a bigger target.
    But I know all y'all's some serious harda$$es.

Did he say caliber? Not going back to look. 6mm or 6.5 would make it easier yet.

Assumptions are somebody's mom, especially when it comes to hundred dollar bets being tossed out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Same. A quarter perched atop a wooden 4x4 fencepost wouldnt be cheating IMHO. Its in the clear, no backer, and even with a fencepost visible I dont see that as an undue helper. You still have to guess where that quarter is. :dunno:

Top Bottom