PART 3: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience, and what is all this crap about pineapple on pizza.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I went to visit a girl in Australia back in 2000, and she took me to her parents' farm. Her dad was an Italian immigrant to Australia but he had been there long enough to pick up a bit of an Aussie accent as well. An Aussie/Italian accent is something to behold. I don't even know how to describe it. :):

But anyhow the point to that story was that he made a homemade pizza when I was there, and it was very "light". By that I mean a thin crust, tomato sauce, some roma tomato slices, some fresh basil, green pepper ("capsicum" as he called it) and a little mozzarella. I think they'd call it a margherita pizza here, but it was pretty good. He was from Sicily IIRC and he did say that the food in general was much "heavier" in northern Italy.
    Northern Italian and Southern Italian are very distinct and different. You have to remember Italy was not unified until around 1860..

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Where do you draw the line on what is pizza? I mean if pineapple is acceptable to you,next it will be pickles,cheddar,and ketchup. The pineapple people are on a slippery slope to chaos and the destruction of cultural norms. Pizza can not have pineapple on it. If it does it is no longer pizza but something else.

Next you will be trying to tell us something with no wheat crust(cauliflower based crust for example),is still pizza. IT IS NOT PIZZA!

Here is where your slippery slope is leading. https://www.researchgate.net/public...ity_of_Trans-Cultural_Pizzas_andor_Philosophy

Last edited:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Where do you draw the line on what is pizza? I mean if pineapple is acceptable to you,next it will be pickles,cheddar,and ketchup. The pineapple people are on a slippery slope to chaos and the destruction of cultural norms. Pizza can not have pineapple on it. If it does it is no longer pizza but something else.

Next you will be trying to tell us something with no wheat crust(cauliflower based crust for example),is still pizza. IT IS NOT PIZZA!

Here is where your slippery slope is leading. https://www.researchgate.net/public...ity_of_Trans-Cultural_Pizzas_andor_Philosophy
    Gino's in Toledo used to do a Cheeseburger Pizza, the base was ketchup and mustard, it had hamburger, pickles, tomatoes, and cheese. I was shocked at just how good it was.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Gino's in Toledo used to do a Cheeseburger Pizza, the base was ketchup and mustard, it had hamburger, pickles, tomatoes, and cheese. I was shocked at just how good it was.
    It might be good,but it is not pizza. It is more like me making a homemade Chicken pot pie and calling it a deep dish pizza.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This place represents a total destruction of what pizza is. Your example is not even close to the worst "pizza" they make(it is not pizza).

Jiggs​

Our Jiggs is topped with Cheese, Corned Beef, Sauerkraut.

Reuben
    Our Reuben is topped with 1000 Island, Cheese, Corned Beef, Sauerkraut.

(this is a "pizza?!!") according to them yes.

Seriously?​

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I understand the theory behind the 50 post limit, but not when you’re going to have a sell out price with a fancy little badge to go with it.
    Hello! I'm KellyinAvon. Staff member, moderator, 2A advocate, all around nice guy, etc.

I see you found the intro and greetings sub-forum. Please click the "post thread" button to create a thread to introduce yourself to the group.

I've posted this a few times. Please take it as advice from an old timer.

OK, where to begin...

50 quality posts are required for access to the classifieds. Site Supporter status bypasses this, but the vetting process of being an active member here is why many choose to use the classifieds here.

INGO is a discussion forum with a classifieds section. We are not Armslist or Gunbroker. We are more like a big dysfunctional family than anything, but it's OUR big dysfunctional family.

In my signature line (along with the links to the site and classifieds rules) you'll see "come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion." That sums up a lot about INGO.

Also we are different from most places on the Interwebz since we quite often know each other in the realz. We have shot together, eaten together, and cried together when we lost more friends than I can count.

Like I said: come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion.

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Closet of your mom’s house.
    Hello! I'm KellyinAvon. Staff member, moderator, 2A advocate, all around nice guy, etc.

I see you found the intro and greetings sub-forum. Please click the "post thread" button to create a thread to introduce yourself to the group.

I've posted this a few times. Please take it as advice from an old timer.

OK, where to begin...

50 quality posts are required for access to the classifieds. Site Supporter status bypasses this, but the vetting process of being an active member here is why many choose to use the classifieds here.

INGO is a discussion forum with a classifieds section. We are not Armslist or Gunbroker. We are more like a big dysfunctional family than anything, but it's OUR big dysfunctional family.

In my signature line (along with the links to the site and classifieds rules) you'll see "come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion." That sums up a lot about INGO.

Also we are different from most places on the Interwebz since we quite often know each other in the realz. We have shot together, eaten together, and cried together when we lost more friends than I can count.

Like I said: come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion.
    I appreciate the response, are you also a betting man?

Farthest confirmed hit starting at 300yrds, loser has to buy me a site supporter badge? There’s a couple long distance ranges here in the good old state of IN, but let’s stick with the AR platform, 15/10.

Sound reasonable?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Got to get that 50 count somewhere right? Found a gun I’d love to talk with a gentleman about, buuuut I guess I have to spend some time replying to people’s posts first
    Well at least you are up-front about your intentions. Please read post #2234 if you haven't already.

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Closet of your mom’s house.
    Well at least you are up-front about your intentions. Please read post #2234 if you haven't already.
    I did, and I’m a very upfront guy. My responses to earn my 50 will be genuine as they have been already. Just trying to find things I care to share my opinion on lol (you can delete this response as it shouldn’t constitute as a post as I’m just replying to you)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I appreciate the response, are you also a betting man?

Farthest confirmed hit starting at 300yrds, loser has to buy me a site supporter badge? There’s a couple long distance ranges here in the good old state of IN, but let’s stick with the AR platform, 15/10.

Sound reasonable?
    Sounds like you should pay $20 and move on with your day.

Top Bottom