• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    So, my level action was the hit of the fun shoot at co-worker's place. After a few people shot it the loading gate would popout just past the receiver and the action wouldn't cycle. Quick check on Google (yeah, I know big data, FBI tracking me now, etc) said to check the screw (one by the loading gate) to see if it was loose, bingo. Tighten the screw and Rossi was working fine again.

Anyone else have this problem? Thinking about putting some thread lock on the screw. Any issues with doing this?

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Blue loctite. Just enough to coat the threads, not enough to run down into the gun and make a mess of things (put it on the screw, don't squirt it in the hole). It's a common issue with leverguns...my Marlins do it too.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    At least your sights aren't falling off.

This is just a reality of guns like lever actions or single action revolvers. They're held together with screws, which have to be removed for regular disassembly and cleaning. Maybe you can do just a very thin skimming of blue loctite, but honestly it's smarter to just carry a screwdriver and dummy check the screws from time to time.

Top Bottom