PART 3: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience, and what is all this crap about pineapple on pizza.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    This one time, at band camp in college, a bunch of us were sitting around drinking Little Kings Dark. Several of us were smokers and had started using one of the nearly empty bottles as an ashtray. After a couple hours that bottle was fairly full, and with the liquid/ash mixture as dark as it had become you could no longer see the cigarette butts in it.

About this time one of the guys who was always late to our gatherings came in. He had this thing for never asking if he could have one of whatever we were drinking, he would just grab someones already open container (a habit we all despised). Well, he grabbed the bottle we'd been using as an ashtray, and no one made a peep that it no longer had beer in it...

Suffice it to say he never made that mistake again.

Sphinx313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Central
    This is all very blasphemous! Lol.

My take is: Pineapple on pizza is fine when it's garbage chain pizza: Papa John's, Domino's, etc. But on REAL pizza, even pepperoni is almost a crime.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is all very blasphemous! Lol.

My take is: Pineapple on pizza is fine when it's garbage chain pizza: Papa John's, Domino's, etc. But on REAL pizza, even pepperoni is almost a crime.
    I went to visit a girl in Australia back in 2000, and she took me to her parents' farm. Her dad was an Italian immigrant to Australia but he had been there long enough to pick up a bit of an Aussie accent as well. An Aussie/Italian accent is something to behold. I don't even know how to describe it. :):

But anyhow the point to that story was that he made a homemade pizza when I was there, and it was very "light". By that I mean a thin crust, tomato sauce, some roma tomato slices, some fresh basil, green pepper ("capsicum" as he called it) and a little mozzarella. I think they'd call it a margherita pizza here, but it was pretty good. He was from Sicily IIRC and he did say that the food in general was much "heavier" in northern Italy.

Sphinx313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Central
    I went to visit a girl in Australia back in 2000, and she took me to her parents' farm. Her dad was an Italian immigrant to Australia but he had been there long enough to pick up a bit of an Aussie accent as well. An Aussie/Italian accent is something to behold. I don't even know how to describe it. :):

But anyhow the point to that story was that he made a homemade pizza when I was there, and it was very "light". By that I mean a thin crust, tomato sauce, some roma tomato slices, some fresh basil, green pepper ("capsicum" as he called it) and a little mozzarella. I think they'd call it a margherita pizza here, but it was pretty good. He was from Sicily IIRC and he did say that the food in general was much "heavier" in northern Italy.
    I am from NY, wife is Italian. We definitely have an idea of what pizza should be. Most people from Italy think our pizza from anywhere is a joke, because it's basically as you described over there. Over here, we need it just a tad more deadly. Closer to heart attack after eating, the better.

Top Bottom