• Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They get easily spooked in traffic.
    :):

I think it's to not see the audience around them. Not sure.
    Probably why they also wear ear protection. To focus more and not hear the crowd.

Same dude practicing his trigger pull ... no gun needed.
    He must travel very light.

AA-20240801-35287803-35287802-YUSUF_DIKEC_OLIMPIYAT_MADALYASI_GETIREN_ATISIYLA_DUNYANIN_GUNDEMINDE.jpg

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    When the Track & Field starts you will hear about this mentally ill hero.
    She is a proper female according to her birth certificate.

Nikki Hiltz, who identifies as 'non-binary transgender,' made the United States Olympic track team after winning the 1,500-meter race over the weekend.

Hiltz is a biological female who describes herself as "gender-fluid." The track athlete came out as transgender in 2021, but said her gender fluctuates daily.

Her gender "fluctuates daily" but always to female on race morning. This mental illness should not be worshiped but will be by NBC.

I am confused

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    :):

I think it's to not see the audience around them. Not sure.
    Probably why they also wear ear protection. To focus more and not hear the crowd.

Same dude practicing his trigger pull ... no gun needed.
    He must travel very light.

AA-20240801-35287803-35287802-YUSUF_DIKEC_OLIMPIYAT_MADALYASI_GETIREN_ATISIYLA_DUNYANIN_GUNDEMINDE.jpg
    I bet he does travel light. ;)

But it is probably better to practice the trigger pull to develop muscle isolation without the gun. At least some of the time. You want to isolate the trigger finger and be able to move it without causing any movement of any part of the other fingers or the hand. Not even the slightest movement. This is mostly a matter of muscle control and all the pistol shooters have to be very good at it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You can get the same result by closing one eye. Not sure why they need a blinder thingy ... :dunno:

It's not a blinder, it is an occlusion (or partial obstruction). One eye closed leaves you with no depth perception and can effect your ability to remain motionless and stable. Both eyes open is fatiguing to focus through the correct eye and not get double vision or blurry vision. Occluded vision from the non-dominate eye helps overcome that.

I can shoot both eyes open out to 15m or so and do pretty well, but not remotely Olympic level well of course. At longer distances I need to "get behind" my dominant eye mentally. I've tried to work on just squinting my non-dominant eye enough to cause a natural occlusion but keep peripheral vision and a 3D world view, but it's not an intuitive thing to do.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Well now it has happened and I feel so bad for the woman that was fighting to honor her father. It is said she got her nose broken on his first punch but unconfirmed. Glad she retired than possibly have been maimed forever but the mental part will last the rest of her life. I hope the people that foist this s*** on our young are perpetually beaten in hell…

Over on TexKev's Texas forum, there is a gal running for Secretary of State in Missouri that is pretty clear on her position regarding this matter.

https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/i-give-y’all-valentina-gomez.126489/#post-3137497

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom