• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'll take the gold medal. First off, I don't care if people don't care about the Olympics. I wouldn't be in it to impress them or get on TV. It is the effort to achieve gold medal performance that I would be working for, possibly for years, to attain. I would be happy to go back home, be unknown and know that I achieved something that I worked for.

Second, call me naive, but I grew up watching the Olympics with my family, then watched them with my kids and continue to watch them now. I'm not interested in some of the sports; but others may be. Example: it seems like a lot of Americans like the same sports they watch during the year: basketball, soccer, etc. For me, I want to see the individual athlete striving to be the best in the world for at least a minute. I want to believe that there are still runners, swimmers, gymnasts and a few others that dedicated their life to have this moment and I'm okay with celebrating that with them.

As far as number two, I'd hate to be that guy!
    This is why I like the Olympics. Each competitor has devoted their life to training for this. The amount of sacrifice and hard work is insane. Just to make the team, the weightlifters go through hell for four years. Lifting heavy every week, traveling the world to compete at max effort, keeping track of points, constant nutrition and recovery, etc. It’s really cool to see the product of all that work.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is why I like the Olympics. Each competitor has devoted their life to training for this. The amount of sacrifice and hard work is insane. Just to make the team, the weightlifters go through hell for four years. Lifting heavy every week, traveling the world to compete at max effort, keeping track of points, constant nutrition and recovery, etc. It’s really cool to see the product of all that work.
    Unless you are an Australian breaker apparently

Top Bottom