• ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    And our US amateurs still beat them on a regular basis. US Olympics used to be for amateurs, not spoiled over paid ballers.
    Not in hockey - it took the "Miracle on Ice" for the US amateurs to beat the Russian Professionals. The Russians were employed by the Russian Army and their MOS was to play hockey.
    Olga Korbut was a great gymnast and she was also a Captain in the Russian Army and her MOS was to do gymnastics.
    This was normal for Russians as well as many other countries that fully supported their best athletes.

Hockey Olympic Gold Medal Winners
    Year Country

1964 Russia
    1968 Russia
    1972 Russia
    1976 Russia
    1980 USA - The Miracle on Ice
    1984 Russia
    1988 Russia
    1992 Russia (under the name of Unified Team)

Technically USSR - I just put Russia because that is what most of us called them.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They are already trying to rewrite things said the night of the opening.

capture-decran-2024-07-29-a-3.30-1300x487.png

Apparently it was really inspired by a painting called "The feast of the Gods" and had nothing to do with Christianity.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    capture-decran-2024-07-29-a-3.30-1300x487.png

Apparently it was really inspired by a painting called "The feast of the Gods" and had nothing to do with Christianity.

I love how stuff few have ever heard of is used as a cover up to stem the tide of criticism. Then let’s see the receipts. I want dozens of communications going back several years planning this "The feast of the Gods" extravaganza. We will never see them because this is a cover up for Lenin’s useful idiots…

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I love how stuff few have ever heard of is used as a cover up to stem the tide of criticism. Then let’s see the receipts. I want dozens of communications going back several years planning this "The feast of the Gods" extravaganza. We will never see them because this is a cover up for Lenin’s useful idiots…
    To be honest that would make sense that they used that painting. At least it has something to do with the Olympics. Well mount Olympus.

Maybe I'm an idiot to believe that version. It's plausible (that version, not that I'm an idiot ... well maybe that too :): ).

But at the same time it wouldn't shock me if that was really some anti-religion woke BS ...

I think the most shocking is that they could have done something better, something that people would understand right away.
    Something having to do with French cuture and history other than some unknown painting.
    Not sure why they had to bring drag queens into that part of the show.

It was **** no matter what inspired that part of the opening ceremony.

They could have done something inspired by The Three Musketeers (I think it's known even in the States and around the world).
    That would have included horses and fencing, both Olympic sports. :dunno:

le-dernier-panache-puy-du-fou-2-min.jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Maybe I'm an idiot to believe that version. It's plausible (that version, not that I'm an idiot ... well maybe that too :): ).

But at the same time it wouldn't shock me if that was really some anti-religion woke BS ...
    I believe that version also. I saw that being said the day after but it got buried underneath all the outrage.

I liked the horse down the Seine. Reminded me of the 3 musketeers and was thinking at the time, it would have been cool to use that theme with the flag coming into the stadium.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    To be honest that would make sense that they used that painting. At least it has something to do with the Olympics. Well mount Olympus.

I think the most shocking is that they could have done something better, something that people would understand right away.
    Something having to do with French cuture and history other than some unknown painting.
    Not sure why they had to bring drag queens into that part of the show.

It was **** no matter what inspired that part of the opening ceremony.

They could have done something inspired by The Three Musketeers (I think it's known even in the States and around the world).
    That would have included horses and fencing, both Olympic sports. :dunno:

le-dernier-panache-puy-du-fou-2-min.jpg
    The post you replied to had the goods. @smokingman posted the tweet that had both the before tweet

1722369320076.jpeg

Celebrating the gay New Testament. Can it be any clearer what they intended? Reposting the entire tweet, look at both posts referenced in the tweet.

Attachments

• 1722369474912.jpeg
      1722369474912.jpeg
      124.9 KB · Views: 0

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I believe that version also. I saw that being said the day after but it got buried underneath all the outrage.

I liked the horse down the Seine. Reminded me of the 3 musketeers and was thinking at the time, it would have been cool to use that theme with the flag coming into the stadium.
    Look at the tweet, they were celebrating it until they got called out…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Look at the tweet, they were celebrating it until they got called out…
    I have seen the tweet several times, only on INGO of course, because y'all are my sole exposure to social media :)
    I have also looked at the two paintings in question.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom