• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Do they have football? And by football, I mean "real" football, not soccer. I might watch that. Rugby always seemed like a group wrestling match that got out of hand to me.
    not american football.

after watching Rugby, I am much more a fan of it than the NFL. College FB is good, I like the atmosphere and stuff, but Rugby beats the NFL on so many levels.

But I am not nromal.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    not american football.

after watching Rugby, I am much more a fan of it than the NFL. College FB is good, I like the atmosphere and stuff, but Rugby beats the NFL on so many levels.

But I am not nromal.
    I will say that there is one Olympic athlete that I enjoy watching, and that is Simone Biles. I was a gymnast in high school (not a great one, but better than I am at understanding televisions). Back then, Kurt Thomas was one of my idols. But the men's gymnastics are/were dominated by the Russians (moot for these games) and China. The USA Women's gymnastics team is the cream of the crop. Simone is like some super human or something. :faint:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But I am not nromal.
    d2680aec418980ecdb61c61c3ee3b7551993dbab.gif

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I will say that there is one Olympic athlete that I enjoy watching, and that is Simone Biles. I was a gymnast in high school (not a great one, but better than I am at understanding televisions). Back then, Kurt Thomas was one of my idols. But the men's gymnastics are/were dominated by the Russians (moot for these games) and China. The USA Women's gymnastics team is the cream of the crop. Simone is like some super human or something. :faint:
    There are others, if you give them a chance. Sullivan on women's rugby. West Pointer. 2 of the male gymnasts are serious faith guys. I try to look past the pomp and find athletes I can identify with. The cyclist from Brownsburg that got bronze after wiping out on bricks....that was tough. But its in the micro stories that I find interest.

on the macro level, I still root against the commies....except now instead of the Eastern Bloc its China :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There are others, if you give them a chance. Sullivan on women's rugby. West Pointer. 2 of the male gymnasts are serious faith guys. I try to look past the pomp and find athletes I can identify with. The cyclist from Brownsburg that got bronze after wiping out on bricks....that was tough. But its in the micro stories that I find interest.

on the macro level, I still root against the commies....except now instead of the Eastern Bloc its China :)
    But I don't like rugby. And I can only imagine that I would like women's rugby less than men's rugby. :):

And sure, the personal interest stuff is cool. They used to mention it... on the LOCAL NEWS!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    But I don't like rugby. And I can only imagine that I would like women's rugby less than men's rugby. :):

And sure, the personal interest stuff is cool. They used to mention it... on the LOCAL NEWS!
    Watch cross country horse racing through creeks and stuff. That is cool! :)

Ok curmudgeon, I am going to quit trying to brighten your life today. You are wearing me out!!!!

I will try again tomorrow after a nap :)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Besides, the Red's are coming on now and the Olympics are over for the day. Now it's just all rebroadcasting what already happened....for all the normal people who had to work today and couldn't watch :stickpoke:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Besides, the Red's are coming on now and the Olympics are over for the day. Now it's just all rebroadcasting what already happened....for all the normal people who had to work today and couldn't watch :stickpoke:
    Man, I dont know which would be more boring to watch. The Olympics or Baseball. Gonna call it a tie.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Fun paris Olympics fact...about a month or so, the politicians kicked all the homeless and such people out of the city much like when the foreign government came to California and newsom did the same.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Looking at pictures of what other people are cooking. :stickpoke:
    Hell, that's way better in my opinion. I'd actually rather watch a tortoise race personally. That goes for NFL and NBA too. Haven't watched in years. However, womens beach volleyball is another story, but that's just because :naughty: I really don't care who wins

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are tuning into the channel wthr. You need the app wthr. I am watching wthr local news right now in the app. Want me to video conference you in ? ;)

When you open Paramount+, I imagine you get to pick a movie not just watch whatever is on.

If you have the wthr app, you can watch all the newscasts you've missed since the Olympics began.
    Don't get the app. You're the product.

Top Bottom