• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Actually she is for real. I am not a huge fan, do not think she is hot but a woman that can shoot and skin out her own game.....Just has to be something there.

Insert purple where you wish.
    The same could be said of the average Neanderthal or Homo Erectus Woman. Wouldn't want one of them as a leader in my country, either. Palin's a carefully constructed persona. The public gets to see what she wants them to see, by golly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The same could be said of the average Neanderthal or Homo Erectus Woman. Wouldn't want one of them as a leader in my country, either. Palin's a carefully constructed persona. The public gets to see what she wants them to see, by golly.

Well, as I know your political leanings from reading your posts for a good while I can only say this and hope you would understand.......Between Clinton and Palin, well, I am voting for Homo Erectus.....:)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Incorrect. Kalik Sheik Mohammed was waterboarded, and it has been well documented and well publicized that his waterboarding DID, in fact, provide valuable information.

Well documented and publicized, yes. True? Maybe.

The Senate Intelligence Committee apparently had some issues with the CIA's account of how successful they were.

CIA misled on interrogation program, Senate report says - The Washington Post

Since the summary of the report was declassified and is going through redaction now, hopefully we can see for ourselves soon what their findings were.

Maybe it occasionally provided valuable information, I don't know, but not to the levels reported. What no one disputes is the FBI teams gathered valuable information, which could be used in an American court because they followed the letter and spirit of American law right down to Miranda warnings, without the enhanced interrogation. The FBI may be a bunch of bean counters, but they have counted enough beans to know what works and what doesn't.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Water boarding, thumbscrews, electrical probes on the pecks, whatever it takes to get the information out of a terrorist, is fair play in my book.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Well documented and publicized, yes. True? Maybe.

The Senate Intelligence Committee apparently had some issues with the CIA's account of how successful they were.

CIA misled on interrogation program, Senate report says - The Washington Post

Since the summary of the report was declassified and is going through redaction now, hopefully we can see for ourselves soon what their findings were.

Maybe it occasionally provided valuable information, I don't know, but not to the levels reported. What no one disputes is the FBI teams gathered valuable information, which could be used in an American court because they followed the letter and spirit of American law right down to Miranda warnings, without the enhanced interrogation. The FBI may be a bunch of bean counters, but they have counted enough beans to know what works and what doesn't.

I just think its funny that you use the Senate as the paragon of truth. Cause obviously they aren't biased....

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just think its funny that you use the Senate as the paragon of truth. Cause obviously they aren't biased....

I don't recall saying they were a paragon of truth. "True? Maybe." doesn't really sound like "they are a paragon of truth", but since you brought it up, what's the SIC's motivation to lie about the programs they were supposed to be overseeing? What's Feinstein's motivation to bring this out well into Obama's administration when its certainly embarrassing to him?

More to the point, its a dodge to sarcastically say they are bias, and thus imply you can discount the report. Do you think the CIA didn't exaggerate their successes? Do you think the CIA didn't attempt to take credit for information that other agencies gathered and then claim it was their program that got it? Do you think the CIA didn't report information they'd gotten prior to enhanced interrogation as having resulted from enhanced interrogation? CIA employees and other federal agents say they did, but hey, they probably aren't paragons of truth either, so we'll just assume the CIA's story is true and leave it at that. They have an excellent track record of being open and honest with us, after all.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So who to believe on the effectiveness of enhanced interrogation? The guys that are in the intelligence business and have actually conducted such interviews or Harry Reid's committee appointees and other political appointments at certain agencies.... Man that is a tough one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ohhh... "only" Americans have rights?

No. Everyone has natural rights, but fat lot of good that does when there's no way to defend one's self against others violating them.

US citizens are afforded some protection from the US government by the US constitution. The US constitution doesn't protect non-citizens from the US government. So they're fair game. Apparently. Thus sayeth Eric Holder.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No. Everyone has natural rights, but fat lot of good that does when there's no way to defend one's self against others violating them.

US citizens are afforded some protection from the US government by the US constitution. The US constitution doesn't protect non-citizens from the US government. So they're fair game. Apparently. Thus sayeth Eric Holder.

I doubt I need to tell you that, aside from being a moron, Holder is possible the long lost twin of Goebbels.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Geez, I'm glad this nutcase is out of public office.

Wow...The hatred held towards a woman who dared jump off the "Kill babies when you want are you ain't a real feminist" bandwagon boggles the mind....The bigotry directed towards the fairer sex that dares not vote Democrat is chilling......

I bet Lady Ga Ga is all in a hissy over this...

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI

Isn't this true with any politician?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wow...The hatred held towards a woman who dared jump off the "Kill babies when you want are you ain't a real feminist" bandwagon boggles the mind....The bigotry directed towards the fairer sex that dares not vote Democrat is chilling......

I bet Lady Ga Ga is all in a hissy over this...

I think it's fair for people to take her statements at face value, and there have been some real gems, and decide that she may not be all that fit for public office. I don't think people are bigots towards her because she's female, or because she doesn't vote democrat. Even though she makes a lot of soundbites that excite conservatives, overall I think she does more harm than good. She gives them too many "Dan Quayle" moments to criticize, and it enables militant progressive lunatics to heap all the level headed conservative women into the same class as her. I see Sara Paliin as a tabloid political pundit. She has to rely on sensationalism to remain relevant.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :rofl: Good Lord......... Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Palin really get under some of your skins pretty deeply.

Stop with the fake ass media driven outrage.
    We all know how super cool you are and super cool it is to hate on Palin.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

And if she weren't such a dumbass, she'd be kind of hot.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I'd be curious how many people here could look at some quotes, and not know if it was Palin or Tina Fey that said it.

Media: Victory.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So who to believe on the effectiveness of enhanced interrogation? The guys that are in the intelligence business and have actually conducted such interviews or Harry Reid's committee appointees and other political appointments at certain agencies.... Man that is a tough one.

That'd be a much better zinger if the guys on the ground floor in the intelligence business weren't many of the ones saying it doesn't work, that the CIA's admins claimed successes that didn't come from enhanced interrogation, etc. Like I said, this is nothing Earth shattering and anyone who's cared to look could have found out about the disputes both within the CIA ranks, and between the CIA and FBI in the mid-2000's. This well predates the Senate investigations, someone just finally got around to caring enough to make a public inquiry into the matter.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom