OUR MEDICAL SYSTEM IS FILLED WITH IDIOTS!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    :soapbox:

You mean to tell me that we can now cure a newborn coming into the world with AIDS; replace lungs, kidneys and joints; conduct quadruple heart bypasses and get an athlete back on the field in three months after tearing an ACL... but, we can't find another, more humane way to conduct a prostate exam?! :xmad:

Forget about going to Mars, fixing global warming and avoiding any more fiscal cliffs, until we develop a laser or x-ray to examine the prostate!

Rant off, but certainly not my pain! I can't believe I had to PAY for that! :xmad:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Face it, Que -- you're just mad because you realized that he had both of his hands on your shoulders during the exam. :D :D :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There's a couple witty retorts that spring to mind. But in the interest of keeping this a PG site, I'll just keep them to myself.:naughty:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My doc doesn't do prostate exams the old fashioned, primitive way. He uses a much more accurate blood test that doesn't involve any real discomfort for either of us. Maybe you need a new doc, one who's keeping up with medical science?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    LOL This reminded me of a Tom Mabe wrong number bill collector clip floating around on the net somewhere...

Kind of makes my day not seem all that bad.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    :soapbox:

You mean to tell me that we can now cure a newborn coming into the world with AIDS; replace lungs, kidneys and joints; conduct quadruple heart bypasses and get an athlete back on the field in three months after tearing an ACL... but, we can't find another, more humane way to conduct a prostate exam?! :xmad:

Forget about going to Mars, fixing global warming and avoiding any more fiscal cliffs, until we develop a laser or x-ray to examine the prostate!

Rant off, but certainly not my pain! I can't believe I had to PAY for that! :xmad:

They do, but that's for after the digital exam.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My doc doesn't do prostate exams the old fashioned, primitive way. He uses a much more accurate blood test that doesn't involve any real discomfort for either of us. Maybe you need a new doc, one who's keeping up with medical science?

I was told that method wasn't reliable for people who look like me. :rolleyes: I was also told that I had to start at 35, while others got to start at 40.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I was told that method wasn't reliable for people who look like me. :rolleyes: I was also told that I had to start at 35, while others got to start at 40.
    That is correct. PSA's aren't that reliable at discovering cancer cells, only managing them post Treatment.

I believe I'm supposed to get checked next year (at 30) due to very high familial risk (over 2/3 of aunt's have had breast cancer). Not looking forward to it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    picture.php

Top Bottom