OUR MEDICAL SYSTEM IS FILLED WITH IDIOTS!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?!

*queue woman pelvic exam rant (from the time we're sexually active on... so HS age) + mammograms*

Oh, and if you think your prostate exam is bad, try having a biopsy of it done without any anesthetics much like a cervical biopsy.

GL - no sympathy here :D

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?!

*queue woman pelvic exam rant*

Oh, and if you think your prostate exam is bad, try having a biopsy of it done without any anesthetics much like a cervical biopsy.

GL - no sympathy here :D
    As far as the biopsy, I'm sorry about that. Then again, I'm not sure how, exactly, they would anesthetize your cervix for the biopsy?

Beyond that - comparing things being inserted into an exit-only versus into... a non-exit-only orifice is a bit of apples to oranges. (Yes, I realize it's not exit-only for everybody, I am making a general statement).

Trying to be tactful so if I offend anybody, I apologize.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I agree, it shouldn't have hurt. Que, were you not able to relax enough? :):

I do a few a day (more when working). It's done for prostatitis check as well as BPH, neither of which are detected by PSA.

Guys, a finger in the butt is safer than a blood draw in low risk people. No infection, scaring, complications, etc.

Do your wives complain all the time about pap exams or is the whining for crotch exams simply a male thing? :):

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    As far as the biopsy, I'm sorry about that. Then again, I'm not sure how, exactly, they would anesthetize your cervix for the biopsy?

Beyond that - comparing things being inserted into an exit-only versus into... a non-exit-only orifice is a bit of apples to oranges. (Yes, I realize it's not exit-only for everybody, I am making a general statement).

Trying to be tactful so if I offend anybody, I apologize.

Exit only has no bearing. They still take a scraping, with a wire brush, of a very sensitive area of the body during a pap smear. And then to have your boobs smashed between a couple of xray platforms isn't exactly comfortable either, although I thankfully have yet to experience it. I've been told it's not fun.

And you're right, there is no way to anesthetize your cervix for a biopsy (best description being like them taking a staple gun to it and taking a chunk off), and it is probably one of the most painful things in the world.

No offense taken. It's the typical man vs woman argument :D

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

I do a few a day (more when working). It's done for prostatitis check as well as BPH, neither of which are detected by PSA.

Guys, a finger in the butt is safer than a blood draw in low risk people. No infection, scaring, complications, etc.

Do your wives complain all the time about pap exams or is the whining for crotch exams simply a male thing? :):

"More when I'm working"!!!! I spit beer across my climate controlled garage.:laugh:

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    ProstateExam_FamilyGuy_YouTube-e1354199969769.jpg

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

"More when I'm working"!!!! I spit beer across my climate controlled garage.:laugh:

:eek:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I was told that method wasn't reliable for people who look like me. :rolleyes: I was also told that I had to start at 35, while others got to start at 40.
    You know, you don't have to follow the recommendations. I don't have a yearly exam because I'm low risk. (Of course, I was supposed to be low risk for thyroid cancer and look how that turned out. :):)

JG, women are built for pain unlike any of God's creations.

:eek: Did you just insinuate women aren't God's creations?

Oh, yeah, I laughed through your entire post.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    JG, women are built for pain unlike any of God's creations.

Yes we are. It makes us his strongest creation for sure. :D

If we can endure child birth and men we can endure anything.;)

Even our mammograms can be quite painful as well as the regular YEARLY exams.

Hope it all comes out ok for you.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I need to find another doctor. I want him to be about 5'-1", 100 pounds and real girlie hands like Lovemachine.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Exit only has no bearing. They still take a scraping, with a wire brush, of a very sensitive area of the body during a pap smear. And then to have your boobs smashed between a couple of xray platforms isn't exactly comfortable either, although I thankfully have yet to experience it. I've been told it's not fun.

And you're right, there is no way to anesthetize your cervix for a biopsy (best description being like them taking a staple gun to it and taking a chunk off), and it is probably one of the most painful things in the world.

No offense taken. It's the typical man vs woman argument :D

I'll tell you again.. it isn't fun. nor is anything else you described that I went through... and yes, it felt just like cutting a chunk off and no anesthesia.. ouch

but being the stronger sex, I won't go into anymore painful things we can endure for other reasons ;)

Top Bottom