OSUT 260: Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was wondering why I've fallen behind the past couple of years, moreso than in the past. Then it occurred to me. I'm a LOT busier with work now than I used to be. There were times when I might go a week or two with really nothing to speak of to do at work (working from home), so I had time to get out and cut the grass, pull weeds, whatever while I was "working". Now it seems I just don't have any real downtime, and by the time I'm done with work, I don't have the energy or motivation to do stuff, even though I've basically been sitting on my butt all day. The mental stuff can be just as draining as the physical.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Yeah, the guy I was talking with at Lawn Pride yesterday is my age (well, almost exactly one year younger - he turns 64 in December and I turn 65) and he and I have that in common. We hate to pay someone to do what we are capable of doing, but like he said, it might cost him a week of pain and a trip to the chiropractor. :):
    You got it. And I get it.

You think I could not handle replacing 6 old worn out, hardly functioning GFCIs in our "new" home after we moved in?
    I felt it had to be done. They don't "click" for no reason and often the reason is they are worn the F out.

I could or I could have taught my son, who has ZERO interest in ever touching any cables. Oh, well.

Reality, I paid a working man a day wage and he did the bending in a couple of hours.
    Safe wiring, all done.

I get it.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I was wondering why I've fallen behind the past couple of years, moreso than in the past. Then it occurred to me. I'm a LOT busier with work now than I used to be. There were times when I might go a week or two with really nothing to speak of to do at work (working from home), so I had time to get out and cut the grass, pull weeds, whatever while I was "working". Now it seems I just don't have any real downtime, and by the time I'm done with work, I don't have the energy or motivation to do stuff, even though I've basically been sitting on my butt all day. The mental stuff can be just as draining as the physical.
    Force yourself to get up and do after butt sitting work. You'll feel better for it. It's tough, I know. For me too.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Force yourself to get up and do after butt sitting work. You'll feel better for it. It's tough, I know. For me too.
    That's what my weekends and days off are for. When I finish at 4 p.m. and go to bed by 7:30 or 8:00, that doesn't leave a lot of relaxation time. Doesn't help that I'm a "morning person" and have never been one to start projects in the late afternoon or evening. Used to drive me crazy when Susan was still able, because she's an afternoon/evening person and she would always want to start projects at about the time I was winding down for the day. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom