• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok so sometimes my pants pockets depending on the style of my jeans cause the LCP max to print really bad.

So pick up a Holster IWB and it’s actually harder to find the sweet spot between 15:00 and 16:00 . Not sure how a LCP Max can be less comfortable to carry than my 1911? Makes no sense.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    There’s a certain shorter barrel length that pokes me right in the hip bone. Longer barrels do not (as they bridge the gap). Makes perfect sense. Not everything necessarily works in the same spot.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Agree that certain barrel length are easier to IWB carry. 4in K frame, 1911A1, Glock25-5, G19-3, Sig226.

Some pocket holsters are so tight fit, can't draw your gun to save your life. Wet molded leather is cool, but that extended flap on bottom jams the firearm deeper in pocket.

I use those cheapo Uncle Mikes Pocket holsters until they are worn out/thinned out to lose shape. Actually one size bigger means gun is out and ready to go to battle.

I have seen many threads about bathroom trips, and I would remove the entire holstered firearm, secure in a safe place without touching gun or unloading to prevent AD.
    Also no one sees the printing in your cargo shorts pockets. Phone, keys, firearm in holster, are items you don't leave in the accordion around your ankles!

One LGS I use to go to had a nice shelf, and 2 door cabinet above the toilet to set your stuff on. Had a piece of rug remnant glued down on the shelf so no damage to your firearms.

LGS is gone now, but was a great customer service place. Good luck.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    My P32 sits fine in jeans, or carpenter pants front pockets. I use an Uncle Mikes #3 pocket holster, I have a Desantis pocket holster that I can carry my GX4 in. It's slightly big for dress pants, but loose fit jeans conceal pretty well.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think it's based on a person's size and obviously clothing (ie swimming attire no matter what). I've tried all combos and finally settled into a Uncle Mike's pocket holster with a .38 S&W. I wear jeans or 511 tacticals and it's always comfortable. Tried IWB and OWB and had it on the side or back and it slowly dug into my car's driver seat damaging the upholstery.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I think it's based on a person's size and obviously clothing (ie swimming attire no matter what). I've tried all combos and finally settled into an Uncle Mike's pocket holster with a .38 S&W. I wear jeans or 511 tacticals and it's always comfortable. Tried IWB and OWB and had it on the side or back and it slowly dug into my car's driver seat damaging the upholstery.
    So I am 6’2 198 pounds. And I have gone back to carrying my 1911 full time. I don’t have to worry about printing etc. seems like no matter what I did it was hard to find the sweet spot iwb or owb for the lcp. Although I can carry it in cargo pants pockets it just moves around more than I would care for it to.

Guess it’s all about finding what works

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Something I'm noticing with my 24/7 carry of the G19. After shedding a dozen plus pounds or so, I had been getting some slight discomfort on the right hip.

After putting up with this annoyance for a week or three, it finally occurred to me to tighten the gunbelt a bit and wear the pants slightly higher up, over the top of the hips.

I'm happy with the relief that this change brings and while the holstering and unholstering "dry fire" rutine feels the pistol is riding higher, it doesn't seem to effect the draw much, if at all?

I always carry extra mags on the weakhand side of the belt, when out and about, but skip doing it on the property here. I can feel the absence of proper gunbelt ballance at home here, but it's inconsequential and I call it training my body to not be weirded out by it.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The right holster and the right gun belt go a looooong way.

As does wearing the right sized pants worn correctly.

This is doubly-so for forward-of-hips carry.

Top Bottom