Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Wind took down our barn swallow nest. All on the ground now. Just this last little stormy blast hit it just right, I guess.

Started with five baby birds and one got kicked, I think. Found the fifth on the ground, dry one morning.

Now I only see two and one doesn't look good.

I have not touched it. Daughter wanted to get a box and take over. I said, "NO!" They're just too small.
    Parents are still tending, let them work.

Sad!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We got poured on just as we got to the hospital to drop my fare.
    I was bold, I pulled right up under the huge awning thing up on the sidewalk, close to the door as possible.
    She stayed dry, but the wind was an issue.

Rained a good bit for about five minutes.
    Then drizzle. Now it has stopped.
    Yeah, we had a brief downpour when I got up from my nap, but it didn't even show up on the radar. Patio stones are already dry again.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Computer shows 84F right now, but my more trusted and close enough to touch thermometer out back says 73F.
    It's really nice out, right now.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Good news and bad news came in the mail today.

Our property was recently assessed for taxes and our (due to escrow including taxes) house payment went up $200 for a while. At least until the escrow is set right again. Our house value went up stupid crazy!
    Yikes!!

A more positive note, our electric bill is done by estimate and they read the meter this month.
    We owe nothing for the June electric bill AND we have a $174 credit toward next month.
    That's nice!

Happy and a little angry about that at the same time.
    They've been hawking us pretty bad!

Honestly, I don't remember ever signing up to do an estimated payment. Ever. I'd much rather pay as I go.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Our property was recently assessed for taxes and our (due to escrow including taxes) house payment went up $200 for a while. At least until the escrow is set right again.
    Yikes!!

A more positive note, our electric bill is done by estimate and they read the meter this month.
    We owe nothing for the June electric bill AND we have a $174 credit toward next month.
    That's nice!

I knew my escrow was going to be reviewed this month, so I made a $400 escrow deposit a couple weeks ago. Got the review yesterday and was still going to come up about $245 short, so I made a $250 deposit. May not make a difference after the fact like that, but if it doesn't, my monthly payment will be going up about 25 bucks, so not horrible.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Our property was recently assessed for taxes and our (due to escrow including taxes) house payment went up $200 for a while. At least until the escrow is set right again. Our house value went up stupid crazy!
    Yikes!!

That's nice!

Honestly, I don't remember ever signing up to do an estimated payment. Ever. I'd much rather pay as I go.
    You guys wouldn't have that problem if you were in a HOA

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I knew my escrow was going to be reviewed this month, so I made a $400 escrow deposit a couple weeks ago. Got the review yesterday and was still going to come up about $245 short, so I made a $250 deposit. May not make a difference after the fact like that, but if it doesn't, my monthly payment will be going up about 25 bucks, so not horrible.
    You either on the hoa

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    You guys wouldn't have that problem if you were in a HOA
    OH, we have an HOA.
    They sent me a letter last week warning that they keep a higher standard in this neighborhood and I have agreed to comply.

My allowing grass to grow between the cracks of the driveway is not acceptable.
    I have ten days to correct this infraction.

I literally buff it down with every trimmer cycle, but showing green in the cracks apparently trips a trigger or two.
    I'm not the only one!
    I started looking more closely, wondering how many more of those letters did they illegally post in folks' mailboxes.

Ya know, that constitutes mail fraud to use the mailbox for anything but USPS business. Without paying postage, it's simple mail fraud.
    Still is, last time I looked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom