Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    They, FFDP do a good rendition of the Bad Company song bad company!
    They are also strong supporters of our military, law enforcement, EMT etc...
    Agreed!
    I don't listen to much metal, but these guys are a tight band and put on a heck of a show.

I love it when we are aware of an entertainer's political stance and I agree.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Agreed!
    I don't listen to much metal, but these guys are a tight band and put on a heck of a show.

I love it when we are aware of an entertainer's political stance and I agree.
    I never really listened to metal. Well, unless you count Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath as metal. Never listened to Metallica, Def Leppard, etc.. When they were first coming onto the scene I was more into southern rock bands.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I never really listened to metal. Well, unless you count Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath as metal. Never listened to Metallica, Def Leppard, etc.. When they were first coming onto the scene I was more into southern rock bands.
    I never worked with Led Zeppelin, others were a day at the office for me.
    Several versions of Black Sabbath over the years.
    Def Leppard shows were before the motorcycle accident.

Zep is one I play most often when I want to rock out.
    So many metal bands get sloppy and just don't sound good to me. Very loud overcompressed electric swamp is what I hear sometimes.

Metallica would be second because I have a nephew who loves them. He always has to hear Metallica on my stereo when he visits. Sits on the shelf otherwise.

I normally use low powered SET tube amps from Decware, 5W used as mono blocks, but I switch in my McIntosh heavy hitter, 500W for him. He likes to rock out!
    :):

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I never worked with Led Zeppelin, others were a day at the office for me.
    Several versions of Black Sabbath over the years.
    Def Leppard shows were before the motorcycle accident.

Zep is one I play most often when I want to rock out.
    So many metal bands get sloppy and just don't sound good to me. Very loud electric swamp is what I hear sometimes.

Metallica would be second because I have a nephew who loves them. He always has to hear Metallica on my stereo when he visits. Sits on the shelf otherwise.

I normally use low powered SET tube amps from Decware, 5W used as mono blocks, but I switch in my McIntosh heavy hitter, 500W for him. He likes to rock out!
    :):
    I've mellowed over the years I guess. I really don't want to feel like I'm being yelled at when I listen to music. So many of that genre today just have so much anger it seems. I bought a Staind CD once because I liked the song, "It's Been Awhile", but the rest of the CD made me want to kick puppies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've mellowed over the years I guess. I really don't want to feel like I'm being yelled at when I listen to music. So many of that genre today just have so much anger it seems. I bought a Staind CD once because I liked the song, "It's Been Awhile", but the rest of the CD made me want to kick puppies.
    That style of vocals puts me off as well.
    Same with some of the alternative bands, they sound angry and they often are.

Wife knows very little about music, but loves mellow sounds. Hates to hear anything that makes her "grit her teeth!"

Staind is one of the better bands, but the style is not for me either.

Understand that the music itself is almost irrelevant when it comes to my job as live audio engineer. My fights were always with the "ROOM" we were working.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was playin Sabbath yesterday. I really liked Zeppelin, Rush…
    there is some decent rock still being made also, but it doesn’t get played any. The rock stations seem to stop in the 90’s. Everything else is the generic pop music/

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Saw one guy putting water in his bucket after catching a bluegill. I think that is catch and release out there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom