Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Been beating up on the burning bushes out front.
    I hate them!
    Other than about two weeks in fall, they are useless, except for a criminal element evading capture to hide behind.

Mine were above my head, now at chest level, much thinner.
    More to do, but I don't really want to scalp them all at once, like they need.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Need to get up on the kitchen counter and get the fluorescent tube and starter down. It started flickering today. Been years since they've been replaced. Want to take them to the hardware store so I can match them up with the replacements.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Need to get up on the kitchen counter and get the fluorescent tube and starter down. It started flickering today. Been years since they've been replaced. Want to take them to the hardware store so I can match them up with the replacements.
    Wish you were closer. I have about a case of T12 and T8 bulbs to find a home for. I knocked them over the other day and was reminded how far glass flies when they break..and
    Hey y’all. Been a minute Hope all is well

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    BE CAREFUL!
    ... with that.

We don't anyone else haunting the ER.
    The only casualty was our old kitchen clock. It had been broken before and I glued it back together, but I think I'll just look for another one at the hardware store. :):

The starter on the fixture was fried. It was so brittle it was coming apart in my fingers trying to get it out. I finally shut off the main breaker to the house and used pliers to get it out. No wonder it was flickering! :n00b:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    The only casualty was our old kitchen clock. It had been broken before and I glued it back together, but I think I'll just look for another one at the hardware store. :):

The starter on the fixture was fried. It was so brittle it was coming apart in my fingers trying to get it out. I finally shut off the main breaker to the house and used pliers to get it out. No wonder it was flickering! :n00b:

Clocks are replaceable.
    In fact last week I put the wood face of our kitchen clock back together after a random fall.
    Hit the tile and shattered.
    Guts still worked after regluing the face.

Just keep your feet toward the down side.
    :thumbsup:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Sad to me!

It was before covid, but I can remember buying homemade strawberry pies at the fest.
    Strawberry muffins, fritters ...

Decent deal on a couple of qts of "picked this morning" strawberries, etc.

Gone are the days it seems.
    :(
    even Farmers markets are becoming flea markets. We stopped at one today, it was a smaller town, had about 2 dozen booths. And only 2 selling produce. :dunno: :scratch:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Stepping aside for a while.
    Tumbler needs a reset, need to refill the sprayer for tomorrow. I did not finish today. (knee)

I have a nap coaxed up within reach, I think.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, this has been a bust of an afternoon/evening. Went to one hardware store and all they had were LED light tubes. Went to Lowe's, found a fluorescent tube, but no fluorescent starters. Went to Ace, no fluorescent starters. Stopped in Goodwill and found a clock for 5 bucks, so that was the high point. Got home, found a starter in my junk drawer and thought, "Cool!" Went to put the starter in the fixture, and there was nothing left to put it in. It was totally fried. So now I have to take the tube back and find a whole new light fixture (LED) and hope I can figure out how to install it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom