OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Walking around doing little spot spraying and notice snapper is gone. Finally saw him up at shoreline heading for water. Walked up, he stopped. I took one more step and he started turning towards me and I then could see his neck beginning to lengthen, not a good sign. So left him and couple seconds later poof, gone.

IMG_3863.jpeg
    IMG_3861.jpeg

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    my wife used to be the night owl, now since I retired I stay up later than her and sleep in, screw that alarm clock! I went to work at 5 for 40+ years, lost that habit in 2 weeks
    Not that many years ago if you had told me that I would EVER go to bed before the sun sets I would have said that would never happen. Well can’t say that anymore. And getting up early, working all night, or going for days on couple hours of sleep…forget about it. Ain’t happenin’.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Those are awesome!
    Grass looks great, but we know before the next dry day, it will jump on ya.

I got to see a family of geese, yep, those geese.
    With three fuzzy babies, Dad walks half way across the road and stands, while mommy and tikes make their way across and then he follows up.

It helped to make my morning interesting.

I kind of want to let them live for now.
    :):
    If you regularly have 4 families of geese ( like us), all with 7-9 youngsters in your yard then you don’t want to see any geese close by.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Need to either start mowing or eat lunch. Not real hungry yet & grass isn’t all totally dry either so what to do. Need to be read by 4 to clean up. BIL & SIL will be here about 4:30 to go out to eat. I’m driving so guess I should be ready.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    If you regularly have 4 families of geese ( like us), all with 7-9 youngsters in your yard then you don’t want to see any geese close by.
    We have plenty of geese near us, but I haven't seen goose cubs here, at all. Looks mostly like a gaggle of leftover bachelors.

Those I saw this morning were on a busy street in front of a Lowe's and a Meijer store with phone companies and spas, salons, fast food on the other side. Busy! Even at 8AM.

Nice area, though, plenty of foraging work for them, water right by. No telling how many goslings they started with, to end up with only three.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Went with Mexican for lunch. Susan didn't want to go, so I brought her home 2 enchiladas. Place I went to didn't have lunch specials on Saturday. I had a shrimp quesadilla but couldn't finish it, so I just picked out the shrimp and ate those.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I remember in my youth i was more of a 10-6 in bed person. I wouldn't mind getting back to that.
    After a big show, in my youth, I rarely got the gear loaded on and back to a hotel before 4 or 5.

Trucks secure, replenisments done, everyone I pay (the F) away from me, quick meal, etc.

Ready to do it all again tomorrow, after a nap, but tomorrow has already begun!

A semi to drag a couple of hundred miles, or more, to the next venue. Do it all again, in a strange new place!

I tried to keep the drive times brief, if possible, but sometimes, I wanted to stay with a band and keep my hat in the ring, but had to sleep first.

There was no schedule. I began to miss having a familiar pillow and a loyal pillow co-pilot.
    About 18 years of that level of road life did a number on me.

... and yet, I have to say, Dear God, I miss it!!
    Maybe not right now, because my life is good now, but there are times.

Now, it's early to bed and then Why (TF) am I awake already?

As much as I hate "Turn The Page" and make fun of Bobbie Seger for it, I have felt it.
    I think I just wrote another verse for his song.
    :dunno:

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Front and side are done. Had to go over a couple spots twice to break up some clumps but not too bad. It was about at its limit though. Wish there was a breeze. It's not that hot, but it's muggy, especially with no breeze.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Front and side are done. Had to go over a couple spots twice to break up some clumps but not too bad. It was about at its limit though. Wish there was a breeze. It's not that hot, but it's muggy, especially with no breeze.
    I was getting cold. Mostly in shade, breeze off the lake, riding.

Oh and *!!^§**! deer flies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Taking some moments.

I had really hoped to start on that half bucket of 9mm brass today.

Bench is pristine, just sitting there howling at me.

Might check in after some family time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was getting cold. Mostly in shade, breeze off the lake, riding.

Oh and *!!^§**! deer flies!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mine's about half and half, shade and sun, but it was cloudy most of the time. Sun just came out as I was about half done with the back. Thankfully no deer flies or other biting critters!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom