OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I got to use my rusty Spanish this morning.
    Heard a couple with three baby boys, two walking, one in cart speaking what sounded like pocho and I asked them where they were from in Spanish.

Turns out they were from the college town not far away from where I went to school.
    Wife looks like she had been slapped, Man took his hat off.
    I smiled and nodded, signaled to his head about the cap with a head shake and the hand gesture.

Told them I was an old Bulldog, asked how the Bobcats were doing. It's like we were instant amigos.

Showed them where the awesome zucchini was and BBQ. He told me he started a lamb last night, should be ready soon. Tradition is cook in the ground. I didn't ask; I knew.

One thing that creates an advantage down that way is being a smart gringo who speaks good Spanish. (I know, my English needs a tuck or two, as well)

Found he's a landscaper and asked for a card. He popped one right out to me. Assimilating! God bless them!
    He's still Green, but not Wet.

Last edited:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Good Morning gents (?) !

Rain gauge shows about less than 2/10”. Think I will mow today again. Doesn’t need it yet for another day or so but tomorrow afternoon’s forecast doesn’t look good. Rather than chance it will hit it today. Out picking up a few sticks and ran onto these “squatters” hugging the property line.
    IMG_7213.jpeg
    IMG_3860.jpeg

The ducks waddled off as I got closer. Mrs. Snapper didn’t want to move. She is headed back towards the lake so I assume just finished egg laying.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Yeah, but it’s after 10….
    I learned the full horror of why she was still asleep so late.
    She woke up about midnight, I was totally tossed, never noticed, but she was suffering from nueropathy issues and had to go for a walk out to settle nerves.

I don't know this one, but I can only witness how she toils with this new malady she acquired from last years near death sepsis bout. Kidney stones.

She finally got back to sleep around 5AM, a short few moments before I awoke and got the dog away from her, shut the door.

She's all good, in fact she made pinwheels for lunch while I was out here typing.
    SAFE!

:thumbsup:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Good Morning gents (?) !

Rain gauge shows about less than 2/10”. Think I will mow today again. Doesn’t need it yet for another day or so but tomorrow afternoon’s forecast doesn’t look good. Rather than chance it will hit it today. Out picking up a few sticks and ran onto these “squatters” hugging the property line.
    View attachment 354843
    View attachment 354844

The ducks waddled off as I got closer. Mrs. Snapper didn’t want to move. She is headed back towards the lake so I assume just finished egg laying.
    Those are awesome!
    Grass looks great, but we know before the next dry day, it will jump on ya.

I got to see a family of geese, yep, those geese.
    With three fuzzy babies, Dad walks half way across the road and stands, while mommy and tikes make their way across and then he follows up.

It helped to make my morning interesting.

I kind of want to let them live for now.
    :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis