OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I was in my son's basement a couple months ago when I saw one right over the electrical box, I asked him why he had a rubber snake down there, he said he didn't. He left me alone, I left him alone, carry on my mouse eating friend.
    When I first move from south Texas to Nashville,TN, One of the most awesome and comforting things I noticed was NO SNAKES.

Plenty of snakes in TN, here too, but they aren't trying to live with you, like diamondbacks.
    They're out in barns and woods.

South Texas, keeping something handy was smart. Just walking out onto the porch at night was touchy.
    Only use I ever found for those stupid blue capsules loaded with birdshot for my .44 was porch snakes.
    :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Came back a bit ago from the Farmer's Market with a decent haul of fresh stuff.

Some zucchini in this haul. I plan to cut them longwise, batter and fry them into crispy treats to go with the pulled pork BBQ.

Same guy, recognizes me now. "Three pounds or four?" as I walk up.

Guy behind me said he was fishing about a quarter mile away on the river and all he think of was the BBQ smell. I let him go ahead for his breakfast sammie.

It was early and they were still working on pulling out at least six big butts to start.
    $10/lb. I see no down side!

Another family business. I always leave a tip. I buy the dad and two sons a six pack for their efforts, at least.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Anyone coming to the Muncie show, I’ll be set up under the Edged Tools banner. We’re right next to Brian’s surplus
    I would love to go, but Wife is on vacation this week and, except for raceday, it's all about her.
    She does a good job (pretending?) on race day; always has.

For the past two years the Indy500 has not been blocked out for me. Pray that holds.
    Not sure if it's Penske or ESPN, but live broadcast!
    I've given up on the CoCo600 these days.

All the rest of this week is nothing but what ever she wants to do. Pampering her.

Hope it goes well for you, V8!

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got sidetracked from volunteer tree duty and wound up cutting a big cluster of suckers off the tree in the side yard. I'm not sure what kind it is, but now I have another big pile of stuff that has to dry before I can burn it. Trimmed some off the weeping cherry too. Piles and piles and piles... :faint:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom