OSUT 254: January Cold and Snow Can Gooooo....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I spoke too soon. Just had an altercation between Gunner and the little girl. He got her ear pretty good; bleeding inside and out. Then they did a second round so I grabbed Gunner, and he was full teeth at me. Never had a Beagle look like that. One of them got my upper arm, and I think it was Gunner since the little one doesn't actually bite. He thinks he can mess with her now.
    I won't tolerate this behavior, and I don't like giving up on a dog, but if I'm not here and it happens with the Mrs., she won't be able to handle it.
    I think we will return him to his previous owner. I don't want to chance it.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Afternoon

Has everybody got the phone back now ?

Mine never acted up today other than just being a little slower than usual in town.

What mine has done quite a few times is that it will work great here at the house, but completely leave the network once I go to town. The only fix is to reboot the phone, which takes about 5 minutes.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I spoke too soon. Just had an altercation between Gunner and the little girl. He got her ear pretty good; bleeding inside and out. Then they did a second round so I grabbed Gunner, and he was full teeth at me. Never had a Beagle look like that. One of them got my upper arm, and I think it was Gunner since the little one doesn't actually bite. He thinks he can mess with her now.
    I won't tolerate this behavior, and I don't like giving up on a dog, but if I'm not here and it happens with the Mrs., she won't be able to handle it.
    Very sorry to here this! You tried your best !

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    It's unfortunate but it sounds like the right thing to do. My wife says she won't have a critter on the Freehold she's afraid of.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Very sorry to here this! You tried your best !
    It's unfortunate but it sounds like the right thing to do. My wife says she won't have a critter on the Freehold she's afraid of.
    I thought it was just an issue between Gunner and myself, and that I was willing to work through.
    I've dealt with abused dogs before, but not to the degree they bite another dog that they have to share a household with.
    I just can't be there all the time... just in case.
    He will be a great dog for a single dog house and best if it's a female owner. He's a good dog for the most part, and I had big hopes for him making this his forever home, but I lost my trust for him. It honestly breaks my heart.
    I took him out and played with him for a little bit and he loves having room to run and rolls in the grass.
    I hope for the absolute best for him in the future.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    What really pisses me off, is the previous owner wasn't honest about him. We asked specific questions and he outright misrepresented the dog.
    We discovered him through an adoption facility, and the description is deceiving also. I believe we should contact the adoption place to let them know of our experience, so the dog doesn't continue to get bounced around, or worse.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Afternoon all. Just had a Marie Calendar chicken pot pie. They're pretty good. Big too. It's too bad that things are'nt working out with the new addition Lpherr.
    Never had one, but always thought they looked good.

I'm truly saddened. If this wouldn't have happened, he was doing so well. In the short time he's been here, I've become attached to him. I really hate to do this to him, but the next time could be so much worse and I would never forgive myself for something happening to the other two dogs, or the Mrs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Never had one, but always thought they looked good.

I'm truly saddened. If this wouldn't have happened, he was doing so well. In the short time he's been here, I've become attached to him. I really hate to do this to him, but the next time could be so much worse and I would never forgive myself for something happening to the other two dogs, or the Mrs.
    Sorry to hear about the troubles, but you're doing the right thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom