mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We haven't had any storms...just rain. Getting a nice gentle rain right now. I woke up to see both of my trucks out of the garage again and Cole's truck in there. I think we are supposed to take the hood off of the other truck he bought so he can paint it for this one...apparently that is the best of the three hoods we have available here.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thinking we may not have the kids this afternoon if the race track cancels due to rain.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Never lost it on the SE side, mom was out at least 24, may still be out, I haven't made it over today.
    They should have had her hooked back up yesterday. There were tree branches that took down the power lines on the west side of Meridian around Roberts or Maxwell. They got them back up by around 4 or so I think.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Hubby wired our house for the generator. I really need to learn how to work the system I guess. I know he wired a special outlet by the circuit box in the garage and he shuts off the power from the electric company so that if it comes on while the generator is running, it prevents it from destorying the system. I am not an electrician and don't pretend to be one, but I do know there is a special place to plug the generator in by the box in the garage.

That was some super helpful info wasn't it?? I need more coffee. I believe the main circuits are out there since the garage was built first and power was run to use while building the house. We have a separate circuit box in each garage and in the house.

#1 Most important reason for a transfer switch is so you don't backfeed the grid and zap a lineman.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    #1 Most important reason for a transfer switch is so you don't backfeed the grid and zap a lineman.
    I imagine he put one in since he is super careful with electrical wiring. I still need to learn what to do if I ever need to use it and he isn't around. He's a bit older than me and he just does things without telling me how to do it myself. While I appreciate him taking care of things, I don't want to be that clueless widow some day that has no idea how to take care of myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom