Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Susan's phone wasn't charging, so she had me go to Batteries Plus for a new one. The kid working there took a look at it and found a super tiny (almost invisible to my eyes) piece of copper wire in the charging port. He got that out and it started charging with no problem. One of her cords was pretty janky so I think it probably broke off of it. I got her a new charging cord. Lots cheaper than a new battery.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Susan's phone wasn't charging, so she had me go to Batteries Plus for a new one. The kid working there took a look at it and found a super tiny (almost invisible to my eyes) piece of copper wire in the charging port. He got that out and it started charging with no problem. One of her cords was pretty janky so I think it probably broke off of it. I got her a new charging cord. Lots cheaper than a new battery.

I've only been to battery plus one time. Guy was hiding in the corner, wearing a mask and gloves.

"What you want!?!"
    "This calculator needs a battery"
    [Cautiously looks at calculator with gloved hand, presses butons] "Not battery problem! Calculator problem! Sorry!"

I'm pretty sure I heard the sound of lysol being sprayed as I went out the door.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've only been to battery plus one time. Guy was hiding in the corner, wearing a mask and gloves.

"What you want!?!"
    "This calculator needs a battery"
    [Cautiously looks at calculator with gloved hand, presses butons] "Not battery problem! Calculator problem! Sorry!"

I'm pretty sure I heard the sound of lysol being sprayed as I went out the door.
    This guy was really helpful. Basically talked me out of getting a battery. He didn't even try to sell the cord. That was my idea.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Back from the grocery.
    with this drizzle looks like my garden will continue growing weeds a bit longer. I was hoping to get a couple hours in today. It’s getting to be embarrassing out there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Had to help take a hood off of the '85 to use on the '84...the '85 isn't going to be fixed to near perfection...or so I'm told, and it had the best hood of three we have to pick from.

I've ordered from batteries plus online. Not sure if we have a store around here other than maybe South Bend or Merrillville...45 minutes either way.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Kids are now coming sooner. Mommy got called in to work a couple hours earlier. One girl called off the other day because she was too drunk to go to work...at 8 a.m. Daughter said she couldn't switch shifts with her because she had plans in the evening for the baby contest. I guess that was not an excused absence. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom