• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I imagine he put one in since he is super careful with electrical wiring. I still need to learn what to do if I ever need to use it and he isn't around. He's a bit older than me and he just does things without telling me how to do it myself. While I appreciate him taking care of things, I don't want to be that clueless widow some day that has no idea how to take care of myself.
    That's the big reason for shutting off the main breaker in the way yours is setup.

The transformer will work in reverse also. Normally it takes 7200v and transforms it into 240 for your house. If you don't shut off the main and back feed 240v into the transformer then it will send 7200v back out on the transmission line.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yeah I don't know what kind of money they bring anymore, but that's a chunk of change. It does look good, and that 5 speed swap would make it a good driver.
    Older vehicles are going for insane prices...but so are new ones. I paid $4,200 for one of mine and $4,000 for the other one. It made putting a $5,000 engine reasonable when I figured I'd have a solid, rust-free truck that will last me for many years for under $10,000. I sure can't buy one of those. Both of mine are super clean. Paint isn't perfect but it is pretty amazing to see a 35-40 year old truck with zero rust on the frame/undercarriage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom